Jiang Fengmian nodded.

Yu Ziyuan talked with the woman at the door before leaving with Jiang Fengmian behind her.

After the two left, the woman entered the room.

"My name is Jiang Fen, your healer, don't mind our Queen, we don't even know why she's here, none of us even likes her" she tsked.

Wei Wuxian was surprised she was badmouthing the Queen.

"Oh its fine, I won't get killed, I'm related to the king, I'm his cousin" She waved off his concerns.

"Come on kid, we have a lot to do, you got 8 years to perfect stuff, we gotta make sure you're in good shape" She explained to him.

"What are you going to do?" He asked, almost scared.

"I'll just check your bandages, also you need a bath, Come to Fen-Jiejie would you? I promise to take good care of you" She smiled at him.

Wei Wuxian smiled too and trusted the woman.

She was gentle with her work.

"Come, there's a warm bath ready at the back, it probably won't be that warm anymore due to the commotion earlier" She said.

"Xianxian will be okay, Any water is good, Xianxian didn't take a bath in so long" Wei Wuxian explained.

Jiang Fen's heart broke.

"My dear" She hugged the boy and rubbed his back "I promise, I'll take care of you, you suffered enough"

That she will keep that promise close to her heart, she doesn't have kids, nor would she ever have one either. She would treat this boy as her own.

"Come now, your hair is filled with knots, why don't you tell me more about why you don't like dogs? Maybe I can help you lessen your fear with it" She said as she led him towards the Bath tub and helped him undress before slowly sinking him in.

"I guess by some miracle, the bath is still slightly warm huh?" She said to her self before grabbing the boy's hair.

"Geez, I wonder if I can find treasures in here with how much hair you have huh?" She teased before tickling the boy's neck.

Wei Wuxian chuckled at the action. A new memory appeared, he remembered how his mother did the same to him, she would tickle him whenever he takes a bath.

"This is going to take a while, would you like to talk about your time in the streets while I untie all this bushes from your hair?" She asked the boy before booping his tiny nose.

'Such an adorable child, I bet he's even more charming under all this dirt'

Wei Wuxian agreed and started talking.

———

A week or two after finally accepting the knowledge his mother is dead. Lan Wangji had arranged a meeting.

With himself, him, and only him.

He was having tea by himself, thinking and thinking.

His mother would not like him to be sad at all.

He knows for a fact that his mother would prefer if he was laughing and living a free life.

But how can he live a free life if he's been acting like a puppet, and follows every command and rules in this Sect.

And the disciples his age look up to him, he can't disappoint his Uncle or brother in anyway.

But then again, he's not the heir of GusuLan Kingdom. Does it matter if he follows the rules or not? He doesn't understand anything.