"n-no!.. I can't"

Louisa's p.o.v

He has his little head tilted as he looks at me 'oookay, I forgot that he can talk now-' Barney softly groans, so I hard swallow. Quickly I try to act like I was asleep still as Barney sounds like he's waking up now 'great timing, Barn.' "Oh yeah, I stayed at the park" Barney says before sitting up "oh.. Louisa stayed too." Pugsley hummed in thought, but Barney gently shakes me "hey, Louisa?.. come on, wake up." I act like I'm groaning as I lay here, but I open an eye and look up at him "morning, Barney" I mumble out.

Barney smiles at me as he says "I hope sleep helped - now we should get changed! It's our second day on the job." I sit up and have one of my legs over his so we could still be comfy as I wipe at my left eye. "You go brush your teeth, I'll change first" I say as I still wipe at my eye, so Barney nods and looks at Pugsley. Standing up he looks like he was about to motion for Pugsley to walk with him, but I shake my head. "I-I need to talk with him about something!.. if it's okay with both of you, I mean" I say a bit nervously.

Pugsley tilts his head as Barney chuckles and gets up saying "I'm okay with it, go right ahead" Pugsley smiles as his tail starts wagging. With that Barney went right out and Pugsley looks back at me confused "why'd you kiss Barney, Louisa?" He asks. I put a finger to my lips as I quietly say "shh, he'll hear!" With that I barely stand up and grab my glasses. Yawning I wipe at my right eye and motion for him to look at the wall, Pugsley does which got me to walk around. Grabbing some clothes from my bag I start getting changed "and.. that's hard to explain" I say loud enough for him to hear.

I got my shorts on along with my blue tank top with a butterfly on it "what's so hard to say? Do you like him?" Pugsley asks confused. Groaning I say "you can turn around now, and..." I trail off since I feel like he could tell him. He looks at me while tilting his head, but he smiles saying "that might be my favorite shirt you wear." I softly smile at that before sighing and saying "yes.. I think I like him- that's why I did what I did. I wanted to fully see if it was that's what I was feeling..." "and?.." "yeah, I like him, Pugsley" I say while hiding my face in my hands.

"That's great! You should tell him-" "n-no!.. I can't" I mumble out loud enough for him to hear just in case Barney's on his way back here. I look up at Pugsley to see that he's looking at me confused, so I adjust my glasses and softly chuckle. "Barney's my best friend, you don't just get with your best friend... it makes things awkward." "I don't think so-" "okay, then maybe I'm a bit scared that it won't work out" I interrupt as I stand up. Pugsley was still looking up at me confused, but I continued on with my reasoning.

Though it should be kind of obvious- "I mean, I've told you of my last relationship-.. or I mean, you heard me tell Barney about it." Pugsley had realization hit as he softly nods and looks to the side "yeah, I don't attract the right guys. He willingly admitted he was gonna use me because I made him feel nothing for me and he just wanted the human contact. No matter where I go.. I'm either used or forgotten" I say as I feel a few tears wanting to fall. "Barney's not like that-" "I didn't think my family would do me like that either, but here I am."

It got quiet as my tears fall, but a soft knock echoed around the room "Louisa?.. I got done brushing my teeth. Can I come in?" Barney asks, so I try to wipe away my tears and walk towards my bag again. Quickly I pick up my toothbrush and toothpaste "please don't tell him I did what I did, Pugsley. It could change everything" I mumble before opening the door and keeping my head down. "Yeah, I-I just got done too" I say as I don't look up at him, Barney sounded confused as he lifts up my head.

I was gonna object to it, but his thumb wiped at my cheek and it easily glided a bit thanks to my face being a bit wet from my tears. "Hey, are you okay?" Barney asks softly, so I nervously bite my lip and nod saying "d-definitely. I'm gonna go and brush my teeth now, see ya at work!" I added that last part fast before walking past him. Fast walking I start walking around, it took a while before I finally found a bathroom. In here is a literal bathtub and sink, so I start to use the sink and brush my teeth the way I usually do.

By the time I was done I went back to our room and set my toothbrush with my stuff before brushing through my hair. Once I was done again I went downstairs to the main part of the house and see Barney talking with Pugsley. "Okay, okay okay okay - now say... door" Barney says while looking down at Pugsley. I smile at this and stand by his side as he's laying down on the chair thing, I notice Pugsley's tail is wagging softly. "Door" Pugsley says as he still looks up at us Barney laughs a bit happily at the way Pugsley sounds.

Though I feel like I wanna jump in on this train as I say "now say.. pumpkin" Pugsley's tail was still wagging as he looks up at us. "Uh.. pumpkin" Pugsley says with a bit of a smile, but Barney starts laughing a bit more at Pugsley's words. I smile at this and sit down, Barney sets his hand on my shoulder as he says "okay, now say..." and he had to think. From the small bit of silence I look up at him as I notice the smug look on his face as he hums in thought. I laugh at that alone as he finally says the word in an accent "indubitably" that confused me a bit.

Tbc

Okay that's it, but not forever~ Now I hope I can come out of my shell to write you another chapter soon!

~Turtles4Ever