20: Differences and Similarities

Start from the beginning

Being subject to starvation back then, you couldn't help but enjoy it all too much. Lunch Rush clapped and began to feel excited when you would try out his food so enthusiastically.

Unknowingly to you, that meeting took a lot of your time which made Ectoplasm come down to the cafeteria just to remind you about your task. You immediately panicked about forgetting something so important, but luckily, Lunch Rush came to your rescue and... guess what?

He gave Ectoplasm more food as compensation! More food means you get invited to eat alongside them as well! You were sure Lunch Rush just enjoyed how you reacted to the taste of his food, and so he was giving you too much free taste of it, but you weren't going to complain. Even if you are full or not, you're still going to eat and not waste any food given to you.

It was only when Aizawa passed by the cafeteria did you notice that you are, in fact, 25 minutes late to your class.

Aizawa glared as Ectoplasm and Lunch Rush began to apologize to him. They thought you had a free schedule as one of the Journalists on the campus. But you, of course, said it was your fault for not correcting the two teachers.

For some reason, they began to stare at you silently. Almost as if your words made them guilty even more. Aizawa took that chance to drag you away from the cafeteria—

And that was the context of Aizawa's exasperation.

You still didn't understand how everything escalated that way, but you knew that the person who was still in disbelief was definitely Aizawa himself. Because, just like he said, it's 'only the first day' yet you've already been late twice.

"You're a Journalist, not an errand kid," Aizawa said, breaking you out of your thoughts. "If any staff ever comes up to you and asks you to fetch them something, just decline them. They can handle their errands all by themselves."

You nodded, staring at the floor. "Alright, I'm truly sorry."

He released another sigh. "Just don't let it happen again."

The two of you rounded around the corner, and after a few more steps, he stopped in front of a large door. Aizawa didn't even give you time to prepare since he slid the door open, "Excuse us," and stepped inside.

"Oh! Aizawa, what's wrong?" Midnight's voice held a hint of curiosity.

"I'm guiding someone where they're supposed to be," Aizawa said with a sigh.

And just like that, all attention turned to where you stood. It was easier to join the class during the Quirk Assessment Test when everyone was distracted, but now, all of them are focusing on you. Wide expectant eyes, unblinking, questioning, and breathless whispers into the air. To say that you were panicking would be an understatement.

In the end, you swallowed all your anxiety and stepped inside.

Midnight tilted her head and smiled. "Ara? It's our little journalist. Okay, Aizawa, I see you've been influenced by Mic as well."

Aizawa ignored her. "Introduce yourself."

You bowed your head. "I'm (L/n) (Y/n) from the Journalism Department. I will be overseeing Class 1-A's improvements for this following week. Please treat me well."

When you raised your head, the first you laid your eyes upon was a yellow-haired electric boy who looked as excited as he'd ever been. He raised his hand into a small wave and grinned, and right in front of him was Ojiro, whose eyes widened at the sight of you, as if he wasn't expecting you to be here.

The next you noticed was the one who looked the most thrilled in seeing you— Midoriya brightened up when your eyes met his, cheeks rosy and stretching along with his grin. You couldn't remember the last time someone had been so excited to see you; it was kind of nice.