chapter 3

As Holly grew, she didn't need a babysitter anymore. 'Why pay for one when Mike will just do it for free?' Was Mr Wheelers way of thinking.

He grew some sort of resentment towards Holly, even though he knew it wasn't her fault, even when he knew that no one was to blame. Holly is 10, she cannot be by herself. Mike is 16, he was perfectly capable of taking care of her.

He sighs as he just texts will. Smiling at his phone like an idiot.

He hears Holly knock on the door. "What is it Holly?" He asked. Mike hadn't meant it to sound as rude but he was still somewhat annoyed.

"Can you make me something to eat?" She asked.

"Can't you make yourself something?" Mike asked. "When I was your age I was able to perfectly fine," He tells her. It's true though.

Nancy would teaxg him how to cook. He loved baking with her when he was younger as well. Nancy taught Holly barely anything really, she was afraid she would get hurt.

Like stated before, Holly is incredibly babied around the house. For whatever reason, and Mike grew extremely jealous of that.

Holly just looks at him. "Fine I'll make you something," He tells her. He makes her some French toast and goes back on his phone.

"Thank you mike," She says as she just eats. A few hours pass and his mom comes back.

"Hi mom!" Holly greets her mother. Mike does this but much less enthusiastic.

Mrs Wheeler hugs Holly and just gives her kisses all over her face. It was her way of saying I'm home go Holly, who just giggles.

"How was your day sweetie?" She asked. Of course. Always asking Holly. Mike rolls his eyes and goes to his room.

He envies Holly. His mom still gives her kisses, still tucks her into bed, she still gives her so much attention. Where was Mike's attention? Where was his 'Im home' kisses? Why does Holly get all the love and he just gets a simple hi? It's unfair. He envies his little sister, even though he knows it's wrong.

It is true that he envies Holly, but then there's Nancy. Perfect sweet Nancy. The girl who never got a bad grade, always did as her parents said. While there's Mike, the screw up. That's what he felt.

It was true though, his grades kept becoming horrible, he doesn't sleep as much as he use to, doesn't eat as much either. He was slowly, but surely killing himself, little by little. It was a terrible feeling. One that made him feel like a terrible person.

But then there's will. Will was the sweetest person you could ever meet. Compared to Mike, Will was quite amazing. His grades being one of the best in his class, he's an artist, he's resourceful and good looking. He's the total opposite of Mike. This was the sad reality for Mike. And the Mike thinks. What if he doesn't like will? What if he only envies him but his brain made him think he liked Will for some sick reason? So many thoughts and emotions. Mike screamed into his pillow. But he refused to cry.

He never liked crying. It wasn't meant for a guy. 'Boys don't cry' that was the mind set. 'Boys don't show emotion' Was another one he would hear from his dad when he was younger.

Another person the reason why Mike is the way he is, is because of his father. His father being so neglectful, never paying attention to him at all. Never actually being there. Not since Mike was 5 at least.

Mike then gets a sudden text from will.

Will the wise 🔮✨️
Do you wanna call?

Mike takes a moment to respond. He went to the bathroom and checked if he looked alright. If he sounded alright.

Mike Wheeler 🎲
Yeah sure.

Mike calls, and then Will joins. "Hello?" Mike asks.

"Hi," Will says. You could hear how happy they both sounded. They spent around 3 hours playing minecraft together, and then another 2 just talking.

"Oh shitbi barely noticed the time," Mike said.

"I didn't know it was that late," Will says.

"Alright I'm gonna go to sleep now. I'll talk to you later," Mike said.

"Alright bye," Will Said as he hung up. Will was clearly happy. He was smiling like a fool but he was a happy fool. He put some music and fell to sleep.

Mike on the other hand stayed up. He kept thinking, maybe thinking a little too much. It was a bad habit on his part. He looks through his contacts and sees his therapist has scheduled a session on Tuesday.

That was on the last day before he had to go back to school. "Could've chosen a better day," Mike says clearly sarcastically. His sessions typically lasted 1 hour and if it were with his mom it would a bit more. He was fine with it. Therapy helped. It cleared his head a little bit.

Mike closes his eyes and tries to drift away from everything. He needed to dream of something, anything.