Jade pauses and waits for Harry to speak.

The professor turns toward Harry. "Yes mister Potter?"

Harry nods toward Jade. "You said she can't go unless asked by an older student, correct?"

McGonagall shakes her head in a yes fashion. "I did."

"Don't you think perhaps, given her friend circle that someone fourth or up might ask her?" Hermione interjects. "I mean considering she is friends with only students who are old enough to attend."

Harry nods gratefully to Hermione for understanding the point he was trying to make. "Exactly."

"Fair point." McGonagall says straightening herself. "Alright you may stay for now."

"So what are we doing exactly?" Draco asks, seeing Snape lingering in the back of the room.

"Dancing of course." She quips. "After all, the yule ball is a dance. You will of course wear nice dress robes and I expect you all on your best behavior." She glances around the room resting her eyes on the Slytherin students. "I don't think I could be any more clear."

Snape steps forward and crosses his arms. "And I don't think I need to explain what will happen if anyone should ruin the evening."

"Yes sir." The children say.

"Fantastic." McGonagall says. "Now with that out of the way let's practice. Everyone pair up for now and watch as we demonstrate." She turns to Snape who gives her a cold look.

"No." He says firmly.

She scans the crowd and points at Ronald. "Ok mister Weasley thank you for volunteering."

"What?" He questions. He had been laughing at a joke his brothers had said and hadn't been paying attention. Suddenly he was pulled up front with his brothers laughing at him.

Harry takes a deep breath. "I'm glad she didn't pick me, that's so embarrassing."

"Put one hand on my shoulder like this." She instructed to Ron.

Harry realized everyone was already pairing up and he was losing choices. He turned to see Neville about to ask Hermione but he was too nervous and someone else swept in and nabbed her first.

Draco had been about to suggest jade ask him or harry but Faith and Pansy stepped over between them and interrupted.

"I will be your dance partner." Faith says reaching for Draco's hand.

"No thanks..." Draco replies, moving his hands behind his back and away from Faith.

At that moment jade hadn't heard Draco reply to faith so she thought he had not turned her down she was going to push past the other students and tell faith Draco was with her but as she started to move she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned and saw Neville looking at her.

"Neville?" She questions.

"Everyone is already in pairs." He says quietly. "I know you probably wanted someone from your own house but it looks like everyone is already taken."

Jade nods. "Come with me." She leads Neville over to her friends. "Malfoy." Jade says.

Draco looks up at first relieved but when he sees Neville he frowns. "Why did you bring Longbottom over here?"

"He asked me to be his partner for practice." She says.

"See, she has a partner." Faith quips. "So take me up on my offer alright?"

"I would rather dance with potter than with you." Draco grumbles. He hadn't meant to say it but it was out there now. Too late to take it back.

Faith scoffs at Draco and then looks at her friend Pansy "guess it's just you and me then."