max noticed how becky's lips looked like the most inviting thing she's ever seen. they were a soft shade of rose, and they looked fuller to her, now. not like she's never noticed before, but they looked different in this lighting.. or maybe it was this situation.

becky noticed how max's breath hitched, the way her chest stopped moving as much as it was moments prior. she caught max's eyes traveling all over her face, and it's like they were almost asking each other the same question.

why right now felt different than any of their other moments spent with one another?

"is this normal?" becky heard max out of nowhere, her voice lower than usual and confused. she felt like she was in her own world for a moment, almost forgetting that she was sharing this with her best friend right now.

shaking her head, becky shrugs, "i don't know." she responds after a long pause, both her and max not pulling away, but leaning in.

becky was actually pretty happy she joined cheerleading. it may sound cliche and stuck up, but she enjoyed the attention and the friends she made through it. and, of course she enjoyed the sport itself. it kept her busy, she always had something to do. and ever since she was dubbed captain of the hawkins high cheerleading squad with chrissy, it's like she had something to care about. she finally had something she could put her energy into and see the results.

becky was pulled out of her mini nap on her steering wheel at the sound of three loud bangs at her car window, immediately picking her head up. she turned to find chrissy knocking at the girl's window, worry and confusion painting the girls face with furrowed eyebrows and squinted eyes.

becky went to turn her car off, opening her driver's side door. looking up at the girl before her, she smiled. "morning!"

chrissy was still a bit dumbfounded, "hey.." she started, hand resting on becky's car door, pulling it more open. "are you okay?" she asked the girl, sincerely.

becky flashes chrissy her infamous smile as she nodded, "peachy keen."

chrissy took this answer happily, smiling afterwards as well. it didn't take her long to move on from that subject, beginning to discuss the rest of their planned day with the girl.

becky grabbed both of her bags from her passenger seat, throwing her yellow tote on her shoulder and her gym bag resting comfortably in her left hand as she got her keys ready to open the gym doors. at hawkins high, they trusted their role model students, like becky, to have a key for their extracurricular's.

unlocking the hawkins high gymnasium double doors, chrissy took a step in before becky, still talking and talking. becky was hardly listening, just nodding with an occasional comment that could fit most contexts.

the girl didn't mean to ignore chrissy, she was just simply not in the right mind space at the moment for this.

it didn't take long for the rest of their team to show up, one of the girls bringing in breakfast treats to celebrate basketball season. becky would be lying if she said this didn't cheer her up just a little bit. her eyes landed on the small box of donuts specifically, her mouth watering.

becky's plump lips curved into a smile, her stomach growling in excitement as well. she was so excited for the donut. but, just as she went for it, she was rudely stopped by one of her teammates. chrissy, specifically.