well. i said i'd tell chris tonight, and thats exactly what im doing. however i didnt think i'd be telling him whilst i was drunk. that was not apart of the plan. yet, here i am. ready to spill my entire heart out to him. this couldnt be going any better. im halfway across the floor id say, from where chris is, and im bumping into a lot of people. obviously apologising afterwards. however i do happen to bump into one certain person.
"watch it, whore." oh that annoying little fucking voice. how ive missed it.
"fuck off alicia." i slur a little.
"oh its you. you're drunk? how pathetic." she smirks at me. "wheres your lover boy? has he left you already?" she asks, her smirk growing bigger. however instead of an insult back, like alicia expected, i smiled. like, genuinely. not because of her, fuck no, but because of the nickname shed given me. as much as i hate alicia, from the bottom of my heart, i was thinking about the fact that lover boy had a nice ring to it.
"leave me the fuck alone for once alicia, seriously." i say more clearly, sobering up a little.
"heres your drink." a familiar voice says from behind her.
"nate." i try to say, but my mouth has gone dry. he doesnt say anything, he just stares at me. i havent seen him since the fight. this is weird.
"iris, let me just put the pieces together for you." alicia starts, handing nate her drink as he rolls his eyes. "chris doesnt like you back. its so painfully obvious. and honestly kinda sad seeing you try so hard. everyone sees the way you look at him, not the way he looks at you, darling." she smiles innocently, batting her eyelashes. 'painfully obvious' has been said way too much today. in a number of different ways and now im confused. as fuck.
"whatever alicia." i roll my eyes.
"im saving you from embarrassment. youre welcome!" she yells as i walk towards chris. i dont say a word, i stead i grab his hand and pull him to a leas crowded area.
"iris what-" but i cut him off.
"no, listen. my turn to talk." i say covering his mouth. his eyebrows furrow as i remove my hand.
"are you drunk?" he asks, hearing a slight slur in my voice.
"no. maybe. possibly. yes." i say all together. "okay shut the fuck up. i think i like you." i say all at once, hoping he wouldnt make me say it again. his eyes widen a little and he shakes his head.
"iris.. your drunk. ill take you home. where are the others?" he says looking around but i just look at him in disbelief.
"thats all youre gonna say?" i say sobering up a little bit.
"iris. not now. not at a party of all places. we can talk later." he says before walking away. me however, im perfectly still, probably in shock of what just happened. i turn my head to see alicia smirking at me. she was right. oh fuck she was right. i ignore her smirk and wonder off to find olivia. i see her dancing with rome near the photobooth and instantly cling onto her.
"liv, we need to go. like now." i say, feeling a little dizzy.
"sure. im tired anyways. so how did things with chris go?" she wiggles her eyebrows.
"well. he said we could talk later." i say, putting it simply.
"what?" she whips her head around, not expecting that answer.
"i told him.. that i thought i liked him.. and he said.. we can talk later." i say again, accepting it.
"seriously? nothing else? not that he likes you back? i thought he was supposed to like.. confess his feelings for you. he didnt do that?" she asks to make sure.
"nope." i say popping the p. "so can we please leave now because hes definitely going to be at the house soon and i need to sober the fuck up before he gets there." i say before walking towards the exit.

after a couple glasses of water, i would say im pretty sober. im sitting on my island in the kitchen resting my head on my hand, waiting, i guess. because he said later and its later. i hear the door open and i see chris walk into the living room.
"why didnt you come back with matt and nick?" i say first.
"took a ride with nate." he shrugs.
"so its later. time to talk." i say, turning a chair toward him inviting him to sit down. he walks over and takes a seat next to me.
"iris.. i dont know how to tell you this." he sighs, shaking his head. "i think we're better off as friends." he says, awaiting a response.