mr. munson - oneshot

request
word count: 1.5k
summary: it's parent teacher conferences for your daughter and the name of her music teacher catches your eye. it was one you never thought you'd here again. one that you thought you left behind in your memories.
warnings: mentions of everything that happens in the show, eddie is alive and well, however it does mention his condition in a hospital, if I missed any let me know!!
----------------

When you left Hawkins, you left your life behind with it. Your friends, your family, your lover. You left all of them. But you knew it was for the best. After what happened with Vecna and the Upside Down everything just became too much. You didn't ask for any of it. The blood, the weird bat things, or the naked slimy alien man. None of it. You were nineteen. You had plans. Take a leap year to get some money and head to the community college in your hometown.

But after all of... that. It was too much. The things you saw shouldn't even have been possible. The things that happened shouldn't even have been able to happen. Watching your boyfriend get mauled by vampire bats was not on your to-do list for that week and frankly you didn't really know it came with the whole dating agenda thing.

When he was brought to the hospital there was a high chance of him not being able to make it. For six whole days you waited and waited and waited as the monitors and machines beeped and pushed and tired to do something. Tried to get something out of him. To get some sort of relief of stability

Eddie's torso was wrapped in layers upon layers of bandages. The saddest part of it all was the cuffs that enclosed his wrist to the hospital bed. The fact people still thought he was the monster after all that he himself went through.

On the seventh day you cracked. When Eddie's uncle came to do his daily visit a doctor had stopped him in the hallway. You stood around the corner hearing how they thought it might be time to start thinking about the high possibility of considering the worst. To start thinking of pulling the plug. With those words your world collapsed.

Your knees hit the floor as a hand covered your mouth. Silent tears flowed down your cheeks from the realization of what this would mean. You wouldn't be able to see any more of Eddie's concerts. Or sneak into the drive in movies he wanted to see. Or just lay with him under the stars. No more talking about future plans. No more conversations about as soon as he graduates Hawkins would be left in the both of yours dust. Or just listening to him ramble on quietly about how he's gonna put a ring on your finger one day...

All those promises and plans were no longer able to be sought through.

So you left. Without a word or note to anyone. You left the hospital and went to your place. Throwing whatever you could into any bag or suitcase you could find and stuffing what you could into the trunk of your car. Slamming the door shut and swerving out of your driveway. You left that town. You left the memories, the people, and the hurt behind with it.

You did end up going to college like you planned. Getting a four year degree as well as a little girl from a fling you had a month before final exams. It was a rollercoaster to get settled down. But you pushed through. You knew it would work out in the end. After everything you went through, you knew you could handle whatever life threw in your way now.

However when you did leave Hawkins you never thought in a million years this is where you would end up 15 years later. Standing in your daughter's 6th grade music class facing the board that had in big bold letters 'Mr. Munson' at the top at her school conferences.

Your brows furrowed at the name. You believed you would never hear it again.

"Mom," a soft voice called to the right of you. Your eyes never left the letters while you responded.