[ Vampire Next Door ]

Start from the beginning

"To be initiated, you have to speak with creepy Wynonna." Brody spoke, and she heard someone approach her as she started reading The Virgin Suicides. "Hey" she heard, she looked up to see Malachai Parker. He radiated magic, but it felt as if his insides were cold – as if no magic could seep into his bones and only touch his blood. "Hi..?" she put the antisocial act to work, seeing him twitch slightly, "Malachai, call me Kai! I'm new here, is it okay if I sit with you?" he asked, and he was almost believable if she didn't hear the conversation from before. "Malachai? What, did they expect you to be evil?" she scoffed as he smirked, she then decided to glare at him before putting on a sweet smile and leaning on the back of her palms, prompting her chin up to look at him as her elbows dug into the cafeteria table. "Now, Malachai, what could I possibly want with a witch boy who can't even produce magic?" she gave him a fake, sad pout as his eyes widened, she glared at him again, "Go away, asshole." she rolled her eyes and went back to her book.

He sat himself across from her, ignoring her previous words. She glanced up from the top of her book with a confused expression, "What? I told you to get lost" she snapped slightly and he seemed to be confused at her. "How did you know?" he demanded, keeping his nice-guy mask for those watching but couldn't hear, "Know about your little problem?" she eyed him like he was an idiot, "How could i not?" she continued as she gestured to his entire body lazily. "Your blood is magic yet your bones aren't, it's not bone-deep and only surface level. I've only ever seen that in siphons and heretics." she stressed the word, seeing him twitch with amusement, "Heretics?" he asked curiously and she gave him a wide, mocking smile. "I'm not helping baby witches, sorry. Don't bring it up around any of your witchy family, okay? That'll make them fear you. Or hurt you" she shrugged carelessly and went back to reading.

It didn't take long for gossip to spread about Kai seeing Witchy Wynonna and coming back to live the tale. After all, the last boy Brody sent to her had gotten a broken nose. The one before that had a plastic fork in his hand. Then there was the one before him, and the one before the the him, and – Brody sent her a lot of guys only for them to end up injured. Kai Parker survived the weird witch's wrath. Of course, it also didn't take long for Josette Parker to hear about a witchy student or how Kai met the girl.

Josette, feeling fear, rushed to meet the strange girl of her new highschool. She found her by the fountain out front, sitting there and reading a book. "You're Wynonna, right? Wynonna Salvatore?" Josette asked, and Wynonna looked up to see the other Parker twin, "Josette Parker." she nodded in greeting as the real witch sat beside her. "Hey look, I need you to stay away from Kai for your own safety" Josette warned her, unaware of the fact that Kai was only a few steps away – he wanted to greet his twin and interesting 'witch' girl, only to get his heart slammed down his throat. Again. "And you can stay away from me. Comparing interactions now, your brother seems less of a dick than you" Wynonna retorted, "Look, he's dangerous–" Josette tried, "Because he doesn't have magic? Because he can't produce it?" Wynonna looked disgusted at her words.

"Now, Josette." Wynonna's voice deepened, unnerving the female twin and making the other twin curious, "I don't like bigoted fucks so why don't you walk away before I tear your head from your body after slowly tearing the rest of your limbs from your torso?" Wynonna glared at the girl, who gulped at the threat before storming off. "Your sister is shallow." Wynonna commented boredly to Kai, who paused before sitting beside her.

"Why did you stand up for me?" Kai asked, "I have a deep respect for witches, but I hate how judgemental they can be." Wynonna spoke bitterly. "Please, they're worse than werewolves at times" she scoffed, "Werewolves?" Kai looked amused and she shot him a look, "Yes, werewolves – anger issues in a box, they trigger their curse by killing someone." she scrunched her nose up slightly at the thought of turning into a dog every month like some messed up period. "What's next? Vampires?" Kai scoffed, she sent him an amused smile and quickly looked up to see a girl standing in front of them – Brody's girlfriend, she's guessing an Emily.

"What did you want, freak?" Emily spat, "Why don't you shut up, be compliant and sit down?" Wynonna compelled the girl with a smirk. She watched as Emily sat between Kai and her, and she had quickly nuzzled into Emily's neck as she smelt the girl's fear. She sent a raised eyebrow to the confused Kai before letting her vampiric face show, taking a deep bite into Emily's neck before pulling away slightly – not many people were around, and no one but Emily or Kai could see the blood staining her mouth or the wound on Emily.

"Vampires, huh?"