0th Break: Laughingstock

(A/N: this is this book's cover, and you could see that I also included MX and LZ in my cover photo hehehe hope you liked the designs I made, as well as these two new characters!)

In a quiet room beside a clear but cold lake filled with lotus, a servant's voice could be heard speaking.

"Young master." The servant called from outside the room. "The Lin family announced the breaking of your and second young master Lin's engagement." He said.

The young man sitting behind the folding screen paused from what he is doing. "The Lin family did?" He asked.

"Yes." The servant answered.

"Who decided to break the engagement?" the young man asked.

"It... it is..." the servant hesitated.

"Second young master Lin?" The young man guessed.

"Yes." The servant answered.

"What did the family say?" The young man asked, referring to his family.

The servant fell silent. The young man behind the folding screen didn't speak and just looked at the opened letter on the table. The words "you became a laughingstock" can be seen.

"So it is." The young man muttered. Then, he dismissed the servant, who immediately ran away, scared.

The young man smiled and picked up the brush before he resumed writing the unfinished letter. He assumes that his parents are about to arrive in half an hour to visit him, this shameful son of theirs. But, the young man doesn't care, as he looked at the words that he wrote.

"It depends on who is the second young master Meng."

P.S.: If you can't see the cover photo of my acc, here it is -

a combination of my three novels: The Scum Is A *** (first), Afterlife Department (second), and Break This Engagement (third)

a combination of my three novels: The Scum Is A *** (first), Afterlife Department (second), and Break This Engagement (third). From left to right: Yi Bing, Huo Ling, Meng Xing, Lin Ze, Cheng Sheng, and Fei Yin. I hope you love them all! ~^_^~