thirteen | dig dug

Start from the beginning

The most Eddie did was watch Matthew shove the lighter back into his pocket before eventually taking the cigarette out of his mouth and letting out a sigh with his eyes closed.

With his eyebrows furrowed, Eddie asked him, "You sure you're doing okay, Wheeler?"

With a sigh, Matthew said to him, "Yeah, fine. Um, sorry about before. Things are just real crazy nowadays and I can't fucking think straight without this or some drug in my system. That's all."

Eddie replied, "No worries, Little Wheeler. I mean, we all get those days where we're freaking out like that, right?"

When Matthew only nodded his head, there was only silence between them for a couple of seconds before Eddie asked him, "You're still good on the weed I sold you, right? I mean, you haven't already gone through it, right?" When Matthew only looked over at him with a raised eyebrow, Eddie said to him, "I mean, from how things were when you bought stuff from me last year, I kind of figured that maybe you already went through all of it, so I just figured that I ask while I'm still here."

With a shake of his head, Matthew said to him, "No, I'm fine. Still got enough to last me for a little while."

Eddie only nodded his head before he pointed over towards his van and said to Matthew, "Well, I'm just gonna go. Um, best of luck to you, Wheeler. I'll see you around, huh?"

With a nod of his head, Matthew replied, "Yep. See you around, Munson."

Then Eddie turned around and quickly walked towards his van and left Matthew to lie down on the ground and close his eyes with a sigh as he went to put the cigarette back into his mouth.

* * *

While talking into the phone with a drink in hand, Karen said, "I don't know, Cath. Maybe if it was Margaret Thatcher, that'd be another story."

Not long after she said that, the sound of the doorbell ringing was heard.

With a roll of her eyes, she said into the phone, "Just a second, Cath." While the doorbell started to ring again, Karen put a hand over the speaker to the phone and asked, "Ted, can you get that please?"

While Ted only turned his head with a sigh, Karen said into the phone, "Sorry."

As he put his glass on the table closest to him, Ted said, "I got it."

Then he eventually made his way over to the front door and saw Dustin Henderson standing on the other side of the door and staring up at him.

It wasn't long after he had opened the door that Dustin told him, "Your line has been busy for over two hours, Mr. Wheeler. Do you realize this?"

With a raise of his eyebrows and a nod of his head, Ted said, "Oh, I do realize."

Dustin asked him, "Is Mike home?"

Ted replied, "No."

In turn, Dustin said, "No? Well, where the hell is he?"

It was then that Ted turned his head and asked, "Karen, where is Michael?"

With her hand over the speaker, she yelled, "Will's!"

Then he looked back over at Dustin and told him, "Will's."

With a sigh, Dustin said, "No one's picking up there. Nancy. What about Nancy?"

Then Ted turned his head yet again and asked, "Karen, where's Nancy?"

With a sigh, Karen yelled, "Ally's!"

Then Ted turned to look back at Dustin and said, "Ally's."

It was then that Dustin asked him, "What about Matt? Is Matt here? Is he physically inside of this house?"