Stepping in, I spotted a lighter a few seconds before I spotted Von leaned against the counter on the phone. I grabbed it up, doing my best not to look his way as I left right back out.

"I'on get what'chu pissed fa'. You soundin' like a bitter ass nigga. That's what you is?"

I took a seat on the couch again, picking the blunt I wanted to smoke the most. I put my attention on the TV in front of me, sucking my teeth lowly at the music video playing.

My phone started ringing with a call from my daddy, stopping me from lighting the blunt. "Hello?"

"Babygirl, y'all sister coming sooner than we thought!" He exclaimed, a whole bunch of beeping and what sounded like my mama screaming in the background meanwhile.

"She in labor?" I asked, standing up. I put the lighter down but kept the blunts I took. "Now? It's kinda early isn't it?"

"Only two weeks! Me and yo' mama was outside inna garden and her shit broke! We here now, I gotta call your sister and tell her."

"She with me" I answered and made my way to the door. "Ma having the baby" I nudged her shoulder.

"You'n look happy, you mad she gon' get all the attention or sumn?" —Sid tried kidding with me, getting ignored. "Damn, my fault?"

"Where Daddy at?" Kiyomi questioned our mama, eyes stuck on our sister.

"Left to go to the house and get some more stuff we gon' need over night."

"How long ago?" I looked up from my phone, watching her frown as she tried remembering.

"A hour ago or so, he left not too long before y'all came."

Me and Kiyomi locked eyes, a deep ass sigh threatening to leave my lips as I looked back over at my mama. "Taking him a long time ain't it, ma?"

I wanted to be happy, I have a baby sister and I can actually do stuff with her. But I knew how my daddy and mama was with us. Just the thought of her having to deal with the way mama sulked around after she caught daddy being a dog and kicked him out.

And it was a frequent thing, it never stops.

Ever.

I'll be twenty soon and the longest my daddy has went without cheating on my mama is only two years. Lord knows how long he was cheating before he got caught.

She waved me off, chuckling. "You know yo' daddy slow as molasses."

Humming in response, I stood up. "I'm finna go outside and call Porsha real quick. I know her and Mell wondering why I ain't show up." I lied, leaving out of the hospital room and pulling my phone out once I was out of there sight.

I took a seat in the nearby chair that was in the hallway, dialing my daddy's phone. "Hello?" He answered, just as I was opening the Ring camera up to their house.

"Hey, daddy. Where you at? Ma told us you left a long time ago, we just making sure you okay."

"I'm fine, I'm at the house right now."