27. Helpful Hashira

Start from the beginning

"Just you. Remember, you started this type of attitude towards you." The male smiled slyly.

"It wasn't my fault you weren't flashy at first glance!" Tengen commanded.

"I wasn't aiming to be flashy! I was aiming to be on good terms with everyone!"

"You threw me into a wall!" Tengen recalled.

"You had it coming!" (M/n) yelled back.

*

Unfortunately, (M/n) and the others made it to the Entertainment District without difficulty.

The night was still young and the lights glowed as bright as day.

(M/n) would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy the glow, but the amount of people here ruined it.

"Alright, you lot, don't do anything to attract attention. We're just scoring the place out. You don't leave this carriage, no matter what." Uzui commanded, arms crossed and eyes closed.

"Uzui, they already left." Uzui lightly jolts and looks around for the trio.

He called a carriage to a stop and stepped out.

"Those damned brats!"

(M/n) also looked for the trio of Demon Slayers. He can sense them well, so it should be easy.

"They just left, Uzui. They aren't far."

Once the idiots were found, The Sound Hashira was ordering them not to do anything stupid.

Which, The Maiden Hashira knew, was more than impossible for the trio not to do.

"The Yoshiwara Pleasure District, where men and women drown in decadence and desire, love and loathing, a town of the night. Flashy, ain't it?"

"What the hell us this place? There's people everywhere!" Inosuke yelled.

"Head-long rush!" Inosuke then dashed off in a direction, causing chaos.

"I knew you weren't the brightest, but wanting this team for a silent approach is the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

"Calm down, you idiot!" Tengen yelled, running to subdue Inosuke.

After a few seconds, he came back with Inosuke.

"Hey, where'd the blond one go?"

"Over there." (M/n) replied, pointing in a certain direction.

After a few more seconds, Tengen was seen dragging the body of Zenitsu.

"Are you all done now?"

With a couple of nods, Uzui continues.

"Alright, you see this? This place sleeps through the day, then burns bright during the night. Perfect for a demon, right? More of these courtesans were sold here out of poverty, or to pay off debts. Still, they do get food and a roof over their heads. If they climb up the ranks, they might marry into fortune. Courtesans have their own hierarchy, and the 'Oiran' stand at the top, in a league of their own. It goes without saying they're all lookers, but they're also smart, and masters of the arts. They're the top earners of their shops, trained over time, with no expenses spread. Really special women."

'Since I'm gonna be disguised as one of these 'Oirans', i'm just gonna take these as compliments towards me.'

"Okay, that's a lay on the land. Let's go."

We walked a few to a secluded building to discuss our plan of infiltration.

"Alright, listen up. Once you infiltrate the Pleasure District, find my wife for me, first thing. I'll be searching info on the demon, too."

"That's messed up, man!"

"Huh?"

"What are you yelling about now?" (M/n) sighed.

"How are you okay with this (M/n)?! This is sheer nonsense, sir!" Zenitsu yelled at Tengen.

"You're using your subordinates to find yourself a wife?!"

"No, Zenitsu, he has-"

"Huh?! You got the wrong idea idiot!"

"No, I will have my say, sir!"

"Zenitsu..." Tanjiro attempted to calm Zenitsu down with his assumptions.

"No doubt you're unpopular with the ladies, given your extreme eccentricity! However, to use us Demon Slayers Corps members, just because you want a wife-"

"No, you dumbass! They infiltrated the pleasure district to gather information on the demon! They stopped sending regular updates, so I'm heading in, too!"

...
....

"That sounds like a lovely fantasy, sir."

(M/n) released a light snicker. Luckily, it went unnoticed by the trio, but he was more than sure Uzui heard it.

This mission might be tolerable with these idiots around.