drunk love with a side of murder🔞

(BACKGROUND: Gillian is a wanted killer and your the one person she would kill for. TW: violence, gore, sex)

GILLIANS POV:
In the mist of the heat wave, I savour some happiness by turning on the air conditioning we have in this temporary house.
"Damn" I whisper to myself, sitting on the humungous bed as the cool breeze hit my face. My suitcase lie open on the floor as my foot fell, brushing over a silk fabric.

I took a look at the very short silk dress I bought, thinking
that could come in handy later. I heard the front door open, and assumed y/n must be back from the grocery store. I smiled trying absorb as much cool air as I could before going to see my wife. I walked into the kitchen, seeing her beautiful hair up in a clip as she put away small things in the refrigerator.

"Hey babe" I said, approaching the counter, noticing the chips she bought. "Hi" she said, without turning around. I put the chips away in the pantry noticing her awkwardly turning her face away from me.
"Are you okay?" I asked slowly. Her hand was shaking as she put things away. "Yes, just fine" she answered, a little too quickly for my liking. "Can I have a kiss?" I asked, knowing if something was up with her face or body she'd have to turn around now.

She hesitated, and took a quiet breath before facing me. Before I could inspect anything, she quickly pecked my lips then turned back around.
"Are you sure your okay?" She hated to make me worry, but I couldn't understand what was wrong. "Did something happen?" My tone shifted, and I could tell she was getting nervous. She didn't reply, just simply closed the fridge.

"Y/n what happened" I rested my arm against the countertop, waiting for her to turn around. "Nothing" she turned so now her back was facing me. As she started to walk away, I pulled her back by her waist. I knew it was her favourite spot to be touched, so I brought my hand back toward myself as she followed.

"I'm going to ask again" I felt her inhale as I pulled my hand away, moving it onto her shoulder. I turned her around but her head still hung low. "What happened" I said, placing a hand under her chin. I watched her bite her lip as I lifted her chin with the side of my hand. She closed her eyes as I noticed the cut running along her cheek.
"Y/n..." I said, now noticing the small blood pool collecting on her shirt, down to her stomach. I gently ran a thumb over her cheek, putting a tight compress on her stomach.
"who did this" I knew this was dirty play, because she has never been scared to tell me when she's hurt unless it's because of the criminals I know.

Her lip quivered but I couldn't be lenient
"who did this" my voice was lower as she squeezed her eyes even tighter before finally saying "cara."

That was all I needed. Without meaning to, I dropped her chin and headed for the door. "Gillian please, I promise it was my fault, it was nothing!" I threw on my running shoes and grabbed my car keys. She followed me to the door
"please I promise it wasn't bad please." She hated the violence I committed, but stayed with me because she loved me. Her voice broke as she spoke but I had to end it, there was simply no plan B.
"Don't do anything bad" her lip quivered again as a tear tricked down her cheek.

I turned to look at her. "I'll be back" I said, planting a kiss on her lips before opening the door. I went to my car and drove to caras house.

For some context, cara and I used to be inmates in jail. We agreed to be friends after prison but ended up competing with one another to see who could be worse. As years passed cara started on some hard drugs, and soon enough the competition wasn't friendly. She killed my father and some of my closest friends. The feud had been going on for years but a sudden urge came over me to end it. This is my wife we're talking about after all.

As I reached her house, the one I had been to only a few times, I saw a car parked in the driveway and assumed, maybe even hoped, it was hers. I knocked on the door and was met with a tall man.
"Hello" he said politely.
"Hi, is cara home?" I asked. He clearly didn't recognize my face, nor did I recognize his.
"I'm sorry she's out with a friend right now" he stuttered with his words and seemed unusually pale.