Chapter 5: Breaking the News

On Huxs first day back he didn't annoy you as much as you thought he would, you were however the first person he came to see. He asked you how everything went and how you enjoyed having a temporary office, you didn't tell him about the new position you were going to take yet because you wanted to talk to Kylo about how that conversation should go first.

Hux told you all about the things he did, it didn't sound super exciting but Afterall it was coming from Hux. He complained about how you weren't responding to your messages from him and you explained that him sending messages on his datapad was still considered working and it would impede on his vacation time.

He was more flirty than normal, you were dreading the moment he brought up his dinner/date offer to you. You told him you needed to get back to work and offered him a smile while batting your eyelashes, that always seemed to do the trick and disarm him from objecting your departure.

You had sent Kylo a few messages over the days that had passed, it was no surprise to you when you didn't receive a response. If Kylo wasn't wanting to talk you knew Trevor would so you guys ate dinner together the night before. Trevor asked you if you would come by him and his friend's new quarters at 7pm tonight, you were excited to see them but a little jealous that they had got their new place before you did.

It took you a while to find their new quarters, like always the halls and doorways blended together and looked the same as all the others. There were signs on every door telling you what room number they were which is usually the main way you were able to get a grasp on where you were supposed to go.

When you reached their place, you knocked on the door and it swung right open, Trevor was standing on the other side of it waiting for you. He greeted you with a hug and let you put your belongings down and take your shoes off. As you followed him through the hall you realized how similar their place was to the knights which wasn't much further down the hallway.

The place was beautiful and extremely spacious compared to their old one, it had 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 1 office which they had turned into their at home gym. Their kitchen was the exact same as yours, minus all the cases of beer on their counters.

You failed to notice the way Trevor was staring at you the entire time you walked around, he was taking in your every emotion and reaction as if his life depended on it.

 After you got the tour you went into the kitchen where Jaxx and Mist were standing, beers in hand. You had to admit, you felt proud of yourself for being able to help the Troopers, even if it was something that should've been done in the first place you could tell what you were able to get them made an extreme difference, they all seemed happier.

As you sat at a barstool at the edge of the counter Jaxx put a light blue gift bag in front of you, followed by Mist putting a yellow, tall and slim gift bag beside it. You were confused but the look on their faces brought you some comfort, you could see how excited they were.

"Okay open the yellow one first that one is from Mist" Trevor said from behind you. You began pulling at the white tissue paper that was inside the yellow bag, it revealed a bottle of Bumbu. You had mentioned to them before that you weren't a fan of rum but you had tried one many years ago in a cantina somewhere that you took a liking to because it tasted like bananas.

All three of them laughed at your excited reaction, you weren't sure how or where they got it but you were very excited to see them all try it for the first time. Without giving you time to thank them Jaxx pushed the light blue bag even closer to you, he was raising his eyebrows and smiling as if to tell you to hurry up.

You carefully took the tissue out of the bag which revealed a small white box with a black ribbon around it, you took the box out and looked around at the three men standing around you, they were all staring directly at you, they almost seemed more excited then you were.