The nurse left the room and I continued massaging Sam's left leg. The nurse returned with a muscle relaxant which Samantha took.

"What do you think about maybe getting out of this bed today?" The nurse asked.

"Why?" Sam asked.

"Well for one, you've been in it for a week and we'd like to change the sheets. And two, they have you slated for physio starting today. We just have to take out your drain, which I'll do just before breakfast, and then you're expected in physio at 11. Someone will come get you."

"What do I need physio for? I already know how to use crutches."

"Well, I suspect you had both legs last time you used crutches?"

"Don't remind me," Samantha muttered.

"Well, physio will get you up and moving, work on your arm strength and prepare you for a prosthetic fitting. Not today, that'll be a while from now. Your stump still needs to heal."

Samantha did not look impressed.

"What if I don't want to go to physio?"

"You don't have a choice," Tyler said, crossing his arms.

"You can't make me go!" Samantha challenged.

"I can and I will," Tyler said, frowning.

"You can't make me actually do anything."

"This is true. But if want to make your recovery take that much longer, that's on you."

"I'm not going to physio," Samantha pouted.

"Samantha, you are going to physio. And you will work hard to get back on your feet."

If looks could kill, Samantha would have a body count.

"Feet?! Really?!" She shouted at Tyler. He sighed.

"It's a figure of speech, Samantha. I didn't mean anything by it."

"Sure. I bet. Let's just make fun of the one-legged freak."

"Who's a freak?" Josh said, carrying Rosie and a box into Sam's room.

Sam rolled her eyes at him.

"Samantha thinks she's a freak because she only has one leg."

"What was it I told you three years ago when that kid was bugging you? Let your freak flag fly!" He smiled. Samantha did not.

"Shut up, Josh," she said. That was the first time she didn't call him Uncle Josh.

"Hey!" Tyler said. "You watch your mouth, missy. I honestly don't care how upset you are, you will not be disrespectful to our friends and family."

Samantha frowned at Tyler.

"Shut up!" She shouted at him.

Tyler looked at her with a look I don't think I've ever seen him give anyone. There was red anger behind his eyes. I've never seen him so angry. I watched as he clenched his fists and then turned on his heel and stormed out of the room.

"Samantha, I really wish you had a middle name right now Joseph!" I admonished her. "This has to stop. You can't keep taking your anger or whatever this is out on everyone!"

"Shut up!" She screamed. "Why can't everyone just shut the fuck up?!"

"Mama! Sammy said a swear!" Rosie said.

"Shut up Rosie!" Sam spat at her. Rosie, confused by Samantha's anger, started crying.

I picked her up and took her out of the room. Josh stayed behind and I saw Debby, Brendon and Sarah coming up the hallway. Sarah took Rosie from me as she saw the tears in my eyes starting to fall. I sat down in the chair just outside Sam's room and broke down.