Chapter 13: Not My Type

Start bij het begin

She's an anomaly of her own, just like Yumeko. But in her case, she's like, how should I put it...

Let's say that people's personality are mystery boxes. And you're given 10 mystery boxes of the same person, and you can only choose 1 personality from each of those boxes. In each boxes lies different mindsets and different motives.

You, as a player, will of course, want to get the 'great' or at the very least, 'normal' and 'true' personality of that person.

However, Kirari will inevitably lead you into choosing her 'bad', or should I say 'wild' personality of hers, despite the 1/10 ratio.

No matter the odds or the chances you have, or other people have, the same thing will happen over and over again.

It's better to assume, or rather, safe to assume that Kirari plots and think things like Ryuèn, to a certain extent.

Of course, I have no way of proving that in my current situation. I've yet to interact with Kirari up until yesterday, but it's not like we talked or anything.

She only came to intervene, which was the cue for me to start my plan.

I'm not planning on getting on her bad side, nor am I planning on making her my enemy. After all, she's a valuable 'key' in my goal.

As much as possible, I'd like to make an ally out of her. Not a friend, but someone who holds a great amount of influence and asset that I can always rely on.

I'll try to make her into my new Kei. Whether or not I successfully did so holds no value at all. There's always the second option, and if still not, then the third, and so on.

What's the worst that could happen? None. She could get angry at me, sabotage me, destroy my name, or stop me from getting what I want. None of that matters at all.

There's always the twin, after all.

Though I should say, it'll be troublesome if I make a bad impression to her. She's a Momobami as well, which is the household that I must attract attention to myself.

Whatever the case, even if the worst possible scenario happened and all hopes have been lost. Hey, I still attracted their attention.

I'm being sarcastic, of course.

"I understand how you feel. I'm her friend as well after all. Nevertheless, as much as I'm worried about Yumeko, you're overthinking. You should calm down for a bit and focus on school. We're almost there."

Judging from our current location, if things go smoothly and normal as any other day, then we only have 5 minutes left before reaching school.

"I suppose so..."

The conversation ended there, and the walk pretty much continued in total silence. We got caught up in the wind and reached the school gate without noticing it.

"Ah, now that I remember it..." Suzuki broke the silence, and his voice returned to normal.

"What is it?"

"Yesterday, when I went outside to go home as soon as the game ended between Yumeko and Nishinotouin-san, words of her lost spread like wildfire."

I see, looks like the gamble yesterday was a big deal for the majority of the students.

"Considering her lost, they must've assumed that Yumeko is a pet now, right?"

"Yeah. But that's not the case here. Both the male and female students are happy about her loss, for some reason."

Happy? That sounds like a made-up reaction.

"Do you have any idea why?"

"Well, this is only my assumption but..." Suzuki grabbed his chin and casted his eyes down, deep in thoughts. "I'll only assume this base from my personal experience and the people I've seen who experienced it, is that fine?"