Starting Point

Hey guys! Sorry I'm not too fast to update, but life is complicated when you have 4 younger siblings that you need to take care of. Anyways, enjoy!!! For further reference: 

"HI"=Human talk

Sup=Human thought

'Hiya'=Pokémon talk (no not the show)

'Hello'=Pokémon thought

(Computer, Use Line Break!!!)

Today is the day!!, thought Ash, giddily. He quickly changed, then ran down, grabbed a pancake, then ran out. He does meditate, but come on, a kid's got to do what a kid's got to do. Let him be hyper. Not for long though. As the altercations of a certain legendary was about to show itself, the first of many. 

(Line Break!!!!!)

As he arrived, he saw three others, and immediately was happy he wouldn't be the only one. However, his meditation and mind sharpening finally came into play once more as he thought, Wait, 3 more? That would mean 4 of us. I hope the professor is ready for this. But somehow, he found himself thinking of how to get another Pokémon if the professor wasn't ready. As he walked in, he saw the Professor looking at them with happiness and pride, but suddenly fill with horror. And that was when he knew that the Professor was not prepared. He sighed, resigning himself in a selfless way, deciding he would let the others get theirs, and then ask the Professor if there was by any chance a spare starter. He would've gone into the forest and asked the young Pichu he had met if he would join him, but for some reason he couldn't find it for some time. He greeted the others, namely, Richie, Gary, and Leaf, who for some reason winked at him. Girls are weird, he thought. He watched as Gary strode up and grabbed the Pokeball with a droplet sticker, Ritchie grabbed the one with a fire, and Leaf picked up the one with a leaf sticker. The Professor looked at him with sympathy. After they left, he asked why the Professor was unprepared. The Professor was confused, then laughed, which irritated Ash a bit. "Why you laughing old man?" he asked.

"Oh Ash, I'm very sorry to hear you think of me this way. I was not unprepared. I was the way I was because I had a backup. However, I didn't want to use it, as it is a bit more on the feisty side, but I guess I have no other choice in this matter. Here you go," he said, handing Ash a Pokeball with a lightning shaped sticker.

"Oh. My bad. I should've known better than to underestimate the GREAT Professor Oak..." he started.

"Exactly," Oak replied, thinking, I'm lucky he didn't notice the bluff. That was just an annoying rodent I caught when it was chewing on my cables for the twelfth time this week, and it's only Wednesday.

"... But I don't regret it, as it was all probably a bluff," he finished.

Darn, nothing gets past this kid, he thought, and voiced as well. Ash just smirked, before sending out the Pokémon in the Pokeball. 

'Where the hell am I now?' was the first thing the Pokémon said. It was mouse with - you know what, yeah, it's Pikachu.

"Hi Pikachu, I'm Ash," started the young boy.

'Well duh, it's not like a few weeks of being in a ball and evolving is going to change your name. Now mine is a whole different thing,' was the reply.

"Wait, Pichu?' he asked.

'No dum-dum, it's Pikachu now.'

"Oh, my bad. Well, will you join me on my journey?"

'I'd be damned if I didn't!' was the response. And with that, a partnership between trainer and Pokémon was formed. Meanwhile, Prof. Oak was gaping like a fish at the interaction, just now realizing that Ash could indeed communicate freely with Pokémon. So, he shooed them out before Ash could make his mind melt down. Ash went back home, where he proceeded to get squeezed into a hug by his mother, who was in tears. After saying goodbye, he packed and ran out the door with Pikachu on his shoulder. Together, they readied themselves to part with their hometown of Pallet town. It was time to take on the responsibility of a trainer.

(Line Break Attack!!!)

Ow, only a bit less than 700 words, and my hands hurt. Yowzers. Anyways, the first two chapters were just an introduction to Ash, and him getting his starter, hence "Starting Point". Coming up: The Path to Viridian!!! See you next time, citizens of "FansofRedDestroyerFire" world!