Chapter Twenty-Five.

Start bij het begin

"I see where you're coming from," Harry said. "One-hundred-and-fifty points is a bit much, I guess... Maybe something more like fifty would be fair... seventy-five?" (Y/n) nodded in agreement.

"Not like much can be done unless we get jobs in the sports department at the Ministry of Magic," (Y/n) grinned. Harry made a face.

"Unless I'm playing Quidditch, I have no future plans of being a part of the sports department," Harry stated.

"There really isn't much to do as a wizard, is there?" (Y/n) sighed. "You either work for the Ministry or you own a business. Most businesses don't have employees outside of their own family, do they?

"It's all a big... er, what's it called? Monopoly," Harry said. (Y/n) cracked a grin and knocked rhythmically on Umbridge's door. They were met with a faint, "Come in," to which Harry and (Y/n) both rolled their eyes, already annoyed with Umbridge despite neither of them having her that day.

The second night of detention was just as bad as the previous one. Their skin became irritated more quickly than it had last night. (Y/n) guessed by the third night, the cut would not be able to close and heal effectively. Harry and (Y/n) were entirely silent for the time with the exception of a short "Good evening" and "Good night."

"Professor Umbridge, I have Astronomy Friday night," (Y/n) said as her hand was being inspected. "Will I be able to leave by midnight? Or can I expect Professor Sinistra to be aware that I have detention to attend?"

"Thank you for telling me ahead of time," Professor Umbridge said with fake pleasantry. "I will speak to Professor Sinistra on the matter." (Y/n), stifling a smile, nodded her head and followed Harry out of the room.

"There's no way Professor Sinistra's going to let me attend detention over her class," (Y/n) stated the moment she and Harry rounded the corner.

Homework for the two did not lighten. With needing to go to detention right after dinner, neither of the two had time for homework if not from the middle of the night to morning. In prep for future potion brewing, Snape had (Y/n)'s N.E.W.T. class write an essay over a dangerous potion from the list of what would be expected in the curriculum. (Y/n) was greatly struggling with finishing her conclusion paragraph, spending an hour doing so. Practising the nonverbal button to bunny slippers Professor McGonagall had the class working on was an easier matter for (Y/n), due to already having it perfected. Other than a care sheet on caring for jackalopes and another care sheet on bouncing bulbs— both of which were due next week, (Y/n) was all caught up.
Thursday classes passed in a blur of exhaustion. Already having practised with knitting charms due to Hermione's wish on making the house-elves some clothes, (Y/n) barely had any work to do for double Charms that day. The third day of detention was silent just as the previous two nights. Since magic was no help with healing her burning hand, (Y/n) had instead packed Muggle remedies, opting to at least keep her fresh cut clean.

"Ah," Professor Umbridge said softly, moving around her desk and examining their hands herself. "Good. That ought to serve as a reminder to you, oughtn't it? You may leave for tonight."

"Do I still have to come back tomorrow?" Harry asked, picking up his schoolbag with his left hand rather than his smarting right.

"Oh, yes," said Professor Umbridge, smiling widely as before. "Yes, I think we can etch the message a little deeper with another evening's work..." She glanced over at (Y/n). "Since Professor Sinistra is adamant about you being present for her first class of the year, I think it's quite fair that you stay later next Monday."

"Of course," (Y/n) said forcefully through gritted teeth. She was absolutely seething as she silently took Harry's hand and disinfected the cut as they walked through the corridors. Harry also seemed to be seething silently, but for a different reason— that being he was missing Quidditch tryouts.