First Kisses (Part 2)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"What's the matter?" he said.

Shouto looked away, eyeing both exits of Momo's living room, trying to remember which one Denki went through. There wasn't time to hesitate, so he led himself toward the one closest to the kitchen.

"I'll be right back," he muttered on his way out.

Once out of the living room, Shouto was lost as to where he should go next. Momo's house was massive and he had little knowledge of its layout. It didn't feel right to sneak around someone's house, especially one he'd hadn't been in since he was a child, but he'd feel even worse if he turned back around and left Denki to suffer alone wherever he was.

So, he searched every room on the main floor, all nine of them including the bathroom. Shouto grew irritated as there was no sign of Denki in the second living room, the game room, the theater, or the study. But finally, he found Denki curled into a ball in the back corner of the last room of Momo's house that Shouto guessed he'd find his friend: the library.

Shouto had an objective and he wouldn't lose sight of that, but he did stop to admire the antique furniture and fully stocked bookcases. If only Momo or her parents were into manga, then this room would be Shouto's personal paradise.

Denki wasn't crying when Shouto approached him, though when he looked up and their eyes met, it was evident that he must've been earlier. He didn't tell Shouto to go away, yet he didn't ask Shouto to sit with him either. The boy simply seemed lost, like he was searching for an answer but not knowing what the question was.

Shouto sat beside him anyway, pulling his knees to his chest to match Denki's body language. "Do you wanna talk?"

Denki pressed his lips together and shrugged. "I don't even know what to say."

"Try your best."

Denki opened his mouth just to shut it a second later. A tear fell from his eye before he could wipe it away, which resulted in several more trickling down his face. His teeth chattered as he tried to find the words. Shouto stayed patient, giving Denki all the time he needed.

"I'm just so..." he choked out, "confused."

Shouto locked his gaze on Denki's hand, the one closest to him. Denki's arms were crossed as he leaned forward, his fingers digging into his forearms with such intensity his knuckles turned white.

"Confused about what?"

Shaking where he sat, Denki took a deep breath. "Promise you won't tell anyone?"

"Of course," Shouto answered without hesitation.

Denki nodded, almost as if he was encouraging himself. "It's just...I like girls. I really, really like girls. You know that."

Shouto offered a nod of his own. It was no secret, Denki was the most girl obsessed person he knew. All he talked about was how badly he wanted a girlfriend. Although Shouto never shared that same level of enthusiasm, he didn't mind that his friend was. He found it entertaining even, as long as Denki's girl obsession never transcended into him developing feelings for Momo.

"But lately," Denki continued, "I don't know. I've been thinking about...boys too."

Shouto nearly dropped his jaw, but out of respect for his friend he forced himself to clamp it shut. He wasn't disgusted or anything, just surprised. The idea of Denki being interested in boys never once crossed Shouto's mind given how outspoken he was about his appreciation for the opposite sex. But then, he figured that perhaps that was why Denki struggled with this so much.     

"So you're...bisexual?" Shouto asked.

"I don't know." Denki shrugged. "Maybe. I feel like I don't know anything anymore."