Prologue

Life isn't like a movie.

Problems don't always go away like they do on an episode of glee. And, sadly, there is no real Spiderman to battle away the demons of our challenges.

Although the fact was obvious, it still is like a dog chasing its owner as they run.

In the end, the dog always manages to catch its owner, but unlike the pure happiness both beings experience, this one was just the tackle of the brutal truth reality would slap you with. Perhaps sitting near the window as the sunlight glittered against my face, my eyes staring dreamily outside at the city's beautiful landscape, I thought I had it all figured out. My life seemed perfect as it was. I was ready for that closure that I so desperately needed, for my final happily ever after that I longed for so much.

And that was where I, along with many people, was wrong.

This is a collection of short stories about my life. I wouldn't compare it with everyone else; I didn't experience that level of trauma or death that changed my life. You could say I was, and still am, an average person, but in the light where the ordinary person stays, who can say they aren't falling down a dark abyss hoping for their prince charming or happily ever after.

While you fall into the deep dark hole as you eat yourself up, you ask why.

That may be the true meaning of life.