I glanced behind me seeing Bard's men running behind me towards the city, half of Thranduil's army following right behind. I then looked back ahead as the mountain wolf charged forward, its head low, like a ram charging at another. I stood my ground, preparing myself for the hit, if I let him run past he would crush the men and elves.

I felt its horns make contact with my chest, the sound of bones cracking echoed across the land as my paw-like talons skidded across the ground, the air being knocked out of my lungs. I shook my head, keeping my concentration as I lunged my head downward, snapping my jaws around its neck, lifting it up with ease before tossing it towards the orc forces, however this time I threw it with too little force as it landed just before the army however squashing a few stragglers. The armies of men and a few elves ran quickly behind me as I stood tall glaring down at the beast watching it pushed itself off the ground. I let out a small roar before charging forward, launching myself towards the creature, before crashing into its side as we tumbled along the ground in a flurry of teeth, claws, and dust. The two of us struggled to gain the upperhand as we tried to pin the other to the ground.

However, I haven't healed completely with the fight with the dragon as my muscles screamed for rest and my wounds began to pulse in pain and some reopened, a small cry leaving my throat. One of my legs gave out causing me to stumble a bit then I felt claws raking across my sides, just before teeth clamped down on my shoulder feeling the acid begin to melt my flesh. I tried to turn my head, my jaws snapping only air as it slammed me to the ground. Using one of its paw-like talons to pin my muzzle to the earth letting go of my shoulder as it loomed over me, acidic drool dripping out of its mouth.

I struggled to catch my breath, feeling as if my throat shrunk down to the size of a pea. Blood trickled out of my nose, feeling my body slowly giving out. I closed my eyes listening to the cries of man, elf, and dwarf. It was just like how it was during the war, evil against good. Not just some petty war over some shiny pieces of rocks. It was peaceful, in a weird way, a violent way, but peace was made among the races without even having to speak a word. The only enemy being that of orcs, of Azog, of Sauron. However just like the war, not every battle was glorious and not every battle the light won.

The men and elves in the city were being slaughtered by the orc forces along with their war beasts, the dwarves were falling back to the mountain in hopes of weeding out the orcs as well as to protect the mountain along with their kin who reside inside it. Gandalf and Bilbo struggle to help in any way they can as the orcs push further and further into the city. Hope began to slip away from their minds as Azog held a smirk of victory, watching the bloodshed continue.

That is when I heard it, the horn echoing across the clearing, my eyes snapped open, watching out from the corner of my eye a rock came flying out of the mountain, a large bell swinging out before going back in. That is when I saw him, Thorin charging forward with the company right behind him, leading the charge towards the orcs once he passed the army of dwarves. The women hiding beneath the city charged out to help their men, adding numbers to the battle. The scent of Legolas and Tauriel washed up my nose, cleaning out the revolting smell radiating from the mountain wolf.

A smile spread across my features as hope made its way back into my heart. I then glared up at the mountain wolf who began to move towards my neck. I used all of the strength I had to push myself off the ground catching the other mountain wolf by surprise as it stumbled back. I took a few steps back myself, crouching low to the ground before turning my body so my side faced the mountain wolf.

It let out a low growl before charging forward, my eyes narrowed as time seemed to slow. All I could hear was the pounding of my heart as I waited, watching them get closer and closer, before their front paw-like talons landed on an invisible mark. I reacted quickly as time seemed to speed up to normal as I swung my tail, making contact with its muzzle hearing a crack before a loud boom sounding similar to thunder echoing throughout the battlefield.

I watched as the body crumbled to the earth, dust spraying upward as droplets of blood splattered against my shoulder along with decorating a few of my feathers. I stood up to my full height as I stared down at the body with an icy glare. My nose wrinkled in disgust as I watched the mountain wolf struggle to get up, only one side of its face could be seen. I can only imagine how the other side looks considering the splattered blood around its head. I placed a paw on its shoulder, stopping it from wiggling too much. I look into the creature's eye only to see pain, suffering, hunger, and a plea. "Your suffering ends here." I spoke in a growl, anger still pumping through my veins seeing one of my kind in this state.

I launched my head towards its neck, crunching down on it hard hearing its cries turn into a gurgle as blood pooled from its mouth. I then ripped away, taking a chunk of flesh with me, ripping out its throat. I spat out the flesh, looking back at its eye seeing it turn glassy in a matter of seconds, its body twitching before it ceased. "Now rest among our fallen kind. You will get a proper burial soon." I saw as I gave a bow of my head before turning towards the cliff face hoping to sink my teeth into a white orc. Only to see no one there, my brows twisted in confusion.

I opened my wings before taking off into the air, soaring over the stronghold. I scanned the white landscape in search of a sign of the general. My eyes widened at a familiar figure, standing close to the ledge above the ice with a blade at its throat. "Fili!"

My attention diverged from the blonde dwarf, looking out towards the valley as the scent of hundreds of orcs doused to the smell of blood. It was all a trap, to draw Thorin up to the top away from the troops. Getting a hold of the durin line is one of the chances he gets.

I changed course, looking down at Fili who struggled in the white orcs grasp. I closed my eyes letting out a small sigh as I became conflicted. I reopened my eyes before shooting up into the sky, disappearing in the clouds. There is only one way to do this.

Hello readers, sorry for the delay for this chapter I have been on vacation for pretty much three weeks. One vacation being two weeks, and then a small trip for my grandmother's birthday :)

I also know I said this will me a long one, but I decided to write the rest of the fight in the next chapter since it will all have to be in third POV. I also plan to add a few chapters after the whole battle before a decision on who gets Saharia has to be made.

I also have a discord for everyone to join to send fanart, chat about the chapters/books, meet new friends, and get a few hints of future chapters and books. I will have a link in the comments and also on my profile.  

That is all. Until next Time readers! 

Extra Company जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें