Xie Chang's ears perked up when he heard the word lady. He stared at the folder with laser eyes wishing he could hijack it.

As Huo Wei read the results, Assistant Lin explained more. "Miss Yu is a mystery to the upper class. She has made tons of unbelievable achievements in the military and business but very few people know about it. The military was very reluctant to let her go. They made a lot of offers, but she refused to stay."

Assistant Lin himself was in awe. One couldn't tell at first glance that Miss Yu was a woman with so many accolades. She looked like an elegant and well-bred upperclass lady. But her records said otherwise.

Huo Wei stared at the information in his hands with slightly raised eyebrows. Very interesting.

On the other hand, Xie Chang was almost going crazy with curiosity. Who was this Miss Yu, and why did Huo Wei have so much interest in her?

Since he had known Huo Wei, he (HW) had never shown interest in women. He was like a robot without feelings. Heck! Even robots reacted more to women than Huo Wei did.
Xie Chang really wished he could catch a glimpse of that folder.

Unsuccessful, he tried to fish for information. "Wow! Huo Wei, have you found us a sister-in-law? When do we get to meet her?"

Huo Wei lifted his eyes to stare at him. Xie Chang shivered a little but was undeterred. As he prepared himself for another attack, Huo Wei ordered in the same word he had previously used, "Scram."

Xie Chang's bravery quickly wilted. Knowing he wouldn't get anything from Huo Wei, he got up to leave. Underneath his breath, he muttered, "Stingy."

"What was that?"

Xie Chang froze slightly and quickened his steps. "Nothing."

As the door closed, Huo Wei brought his attention back to the folder opened before him. This time an imperceptible smile appeared in his eyes.

Xie Chang, who had been chased out, quickly found a corner to hide. He opened WeChat on his phone and entered a group chat. The name of the group chat was The Most Handsome Men of City A. So arrogant.

This group chat had just three members. Xie Chang himself and two other friends, Song An and Luo Hai. They were all good friends of Huo Wei and had known one another for a long time.

This group chat was for gossip and discussing things they didn't dare say in the presence of Huo Wei. For example, Huo Wei's love life. Xie Chang, who felt he had just received the biggest gossip of the year, quickly went to the group chat to report.

Xie Chang: Guys, you won't believe what I just saw. Our old bachelor has finally awakened in matters of love.

Song An: ??

Luo Hai: Which old bachelor?

Song An: Huo Wei?

Song An: Did you hit your head?

Xie Chang: I'm not joking. It's really him.

Luo Hai: Are you sure you didn't mistake him for someone else after you hit your head?

Xie Chang: It's your head that is cracked open!!!

Xie Chang: When have I ever lied about important matters?

Luo Hai: ...

Song An: ...

Luo Hai: Doesn't your conscience hurt with that question?

Song An: You are the least reliable friend we know.

Luo Hai: True.

Xie Chang: ...

Xie Chang felt a burst of anger. He gritted his teeth and typed angrily.

Xie Chang: Since you aren't interested, I won't bother you. Don't be too shocked when it happens.
Then he angrily closed WeChat.

Luo Hai: What's wrong with him?

Song An: Probably that time of the month.

Xie Chang was miffed. He couldn't wait to see the look on their faces when they found out.

On his way to his office, he paused, feeling a little regret. He should have made a bet with them just now. Was it too late to go back?

Somewhere farther away.

It was broad daylight, but very dark curtains covered the windows in this room. Very little light made it through. The atmosphere in this room was somewhat suffocating.

A man stood next to the window. Half of his face enjoyed the weak light from the curtains, and the other half was in the shadows. His aura reeked of gloom and bloodthirst.

There was a knock, and a man pushed the door open. He entered with his face lowered, not daring to look at the only man present in the room.

The man next to the window asked, "Wen Zhuo, how was it?"

Wen Zhuo bowed his head even lower. "It failed."

A smile spread on the man's face. Instead of softening him, it made him look even scarier. "It's not a surprise. If they succeeded Huo Wei wouldn't be Huo Wei."

"Sir, what should we do about Huo Jun?"

"What else? Withdraw our support. He's useless now. Huo Wei has probably found out about his participation."

"Yes, Sir."

"Leave."

Not daring to delay any further, Wen Zhuo quickly exited the room.
The mysterious man remained standing by the window. The corners of his lips still curled up in a bloodthirsty smile.

"Huo Wei, you are not an easy opponent but you are destined to fall by my hands."

******
Mini Theater

Huo Wei: This is my wife, Yu Yuan.

Song An: ....!!!

Luo Hai: ....!!!

Xie Chang: Hehehehehe

******
Chapter 10 🎉🎉