misery

i woke up on the soft green grass of firestone forest, my pack own this land, we were the wolfwind pack. and I was alpha. i got up and howled in despair to the wind. i walked over to the lake and looked down, that familiar stranger that i see everytime was stareing back at me. my green eyes stood out because of the black markings. they are a pattern of fire swirls that go all the way down my back and fade out at the middle. I didn't really know why I had markings, just that I had elemental powers. I had the gift of fire. *alpha? we need you.* my beta linked me, it sounded erjent.

*what is it?* i replied imeditaly

*its Cole. he-* i didnt listen to the rest, i was way to worried now. i bolted through the woods as fast as i could to get to my mate. i burst through the clearing where my pack was. there was a crowd around somebody. i pushed through the crowd and shifted into human form, i fell to my knees in front of the shaking body. there in the middle of the crowd with blood gushing from his side was...my mate. i started sobbing. Cole stirred and opened his eyes, "chloe? i want you to know something." he said in a quiet shaky voice. "what? what is it?" i sat down and put his head in my lap, i started running my fingers through his dark black hair. "i love you. dont ever forget that clo." and with that cole went limp in my arms. after what seemed like hours i slowly laid his body down and shifted. i bolted to the borderline of the redwood packs teritory. i was a pissed alpha, and they were gunna pay!!