i felt my nose begin to drip with blood upon a much harsher blow to my head. i coughed and trembled with every hit. but i simply lay there, and bared the pain.

"you're pathetic."

i eventually heard footsteps retreat from the kitchen... and the front door slamming shut.

i slowly picked my palpitating body off of the blood-stained kitchen tiles, clutching my side as i picked the beer bottles up off of the ground. i steadily crawled up the staircase, slamming and locking my bedroom door closed as quickly as i had entered.

sliding down the wall, i dug my head in my arms as i cried. my whole body ached. i could feel bruises forming, small droplets of blood dripping from my head.

i drowned my pain away in my insalubrious alcohol obsession, strong beer mixed with salty tears eventually numbing my body, followed by my vehemence.

i have no idea how long i lied there on the floor.

but it was long enough for me to pass out.

;

𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗼𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗶'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄;
it was fourth period. the next day after my afternoon out with bakugou.

speaking of, bakugou hadn't showed up to class. he hadn't responded to any of my messages either. it was beginning to concern me. why was i so perturbed? am i exaggerating? overreacting? maybe a family relative had passed.. or maybe he was endangered.. no.

i raised my hand in a cultivated manner. "yes! todoroki!" "may i use the gentleman's?" mr yamada peered over at my fully evaluated sheet, before sending me finger guns. "alright! make it quick!" i forthwith excused myself, slinging my bag over my shoulder as i slipped out of the classroom.

the bathroom was completely derelict. the walls were covered in graffiti from stem to stern, the mirrors had wet paper stuck to it and the floors were damp with water.

just as i was about to walk into an empty cubicle, i noticed an unaccompanied backpack sat by the sink. it was tattered and wrecked, patchy green and orange pieces of felt scattered all over the black polyester. fastened to the zip, was a small keyring made of clay. it was a green gauntlet with silver and black lining, an orange spike accompanied by a black spike attached to the back.

i recognised it. it was oddly familiar. i had seen it before.

i then heard a muffled, violent cough coming from the locked belvedere closest to where i was standing, convalescing me back into real time.

ah. that's right. that was bakugou's backpack.

i slowly walked up to the stall, knocking gently with my index knuckle. "bakugou?" i asked softly, resting my palm up against the door. "are you okay?" "f-fuck off, bastard!" a rough voice i had learned to appreciate yelled back at me, making me sigh.

"bakugou.." i heard another violent cough from the opposite side of the door. "fuck off, todoroki!"

oh? that's a new one.

"please, let me help you."

"go fuck yourself!"

"bakugou, i will break in if you don't open the door."

"the hell are you gonna do! go back to class, damn moron!"

"that's it." i mumbled, scouring through my bag in search of stray pins laying loose. clenching one silver pin in between my teeth, i inserted the other into the lock, using the one that had just been in my mouth moments before to twist it clockwise.