"Oh God. Not to sound self centred but there seriously has to be a way to fix this, if there's not then- then I'll d-" "Shut up. Don't day that." Robin scolded me, hands lashing outwards in frustration. "I mean it though, Robin. It's a possibility we all need to prepare for." I looked away from her, head turning to look at Steve and Dustin who were still bickering about the money, both with their hands on their hips.

Max and Eddie sat together talking about something and laughing, Max throwing her head back and Eddie kicking his legs and clapping manically. My eyes began to sting as I thought about my mom, having to lose her daughter as well as her husband. Dustin losing his older sister who taught him everything he knows. My heart hurt terribly, I felt guilty but I had no control over this.

Robin slung her arm around my shoulder, thumb rubbing my arm which was actually very comforting. "Hey listen, I'm not very good at helping people out, or making them feel okay, being comforting or whatever but well... I know you'll be fine, you've beat that son of a bitch once and I don't doubt that you can do it again." I nodded slowly, afraid to speak as the lump in my throat made it harder to swallow by the minute.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go to my house and get some clothes, do you know if the police are still at Eddie's? I'll go there too if you guys wait here until I get back?" Max shook her head "No, there's nobody there but would you mind taking me with you? I wanna see your room, Steve told me it's like, huge." She raised her eyebrows and i looked to Steve, he shrugged unsure of what she was talking about.

"Uhhh sure. Let's go Mayfield." Dustin was about to speak "No Dustin, you stay here. Please." He closed his mouth and glared at me and turned around to go talk to Eddie. Me and Max left the shed and got into the car, as soon as I started the engine she began to speak. "Elaine, I have something to tell you."

"If this is about Nancy's friend, I already know." I gave her a quick glance, as I pulled away from the side of the road and saw her shaking her head. "I'm cursed." I furrowed my eyebrows, perplexed. "What do you mean?" "Basically, Vecna wants to take me too. And I'm scared." I continued to drive, processing what she just said.

"So, you've seen him too?" Max closed her eyes and turned her head to look out of the window. "No, but I saw the clock and have all of the symptoms, headaches, nosebleeds, constant nightmares. You already know all of that though, right?" I nodded and sighed "All too well." "The only thing is, Vecna takes his victims after 24 hours of seeing their first visions, so why not you?"

I laughed lightly "You saying you want me to die, Mayfield?" She smiled and shook her head. "Basically, he made me relive my trauma, seeing my dad in the hospital. I ended up getting out of the vision though, maybe he's waiting until I'm vulnerable again. Who knows?" I continued.

After that the car ride was basically silent, until we got to my house. I got out of the car and went to shut the door but Max didn't move. "Didn't you say you wanted to see my room?" I grinned. "Might be a good distraction. I can put on some music while I get the bag ready, I'm not sure if we have the same tastes though." I shut my door and walked around to the passenger side, opening her door.

"Come on, out!" I rushed. She undid her seatbelt and got out of the car. I shut the door and walked down my path, Max trailing not too far behind. Opening the door, I walked in first, waiting for max to come in and shutting the door behind her. "Up the stairs, turn right. First room on your left, I'll go get us something to eat, feel free to look around." I walked into the kitchen, making some instant noodles and grabbing two cans of Pepsi from the fridge.

I walked into my room to see Max holding a photo of me, my dad, my mom and Dustin as a baby, smiling. She looked over at me when she heard me put everything down on the side. "So Dustin always had that much hair, huh?" I laughed and nodded at her. "It's always been a real pain to manage, wanna know a secret, just between you and me?" She nodded eagerly. "In the morning I always hear Dustin hitting himself in the head with his hairbrush and yelling about how his hair looks weird, that's why he wears a hat all the time." I grinned. That was enough to make her cry laughing, holding her sides.

Once the laughter dies down I passed her her cup noodle and Pepsi, she thanked me and sat down on the floor cross legged. "You know, I see why Dustin talked about you all the time, and why Eddie likes you so much." She said, eating a forkful of her food. I sat down in front of her, mirroring her position. My eyes widened "Dustin actually talked about me?" She nodded, swallowing her food. "Duh, like all the time!" She gestured out to me with her fork "You're actually really cool, if you were my sibling I'd talk about you all the time too, Elaine."

"Well, we might not be sisters biologically but I'll take you under my wing, ya know, cause I'm just so 'cool'." I crossed my arms and squinted, making her laugh lightly. "That'd be uh- i dunno, I'd like that i think." She smiled and I remembered Billy, how she must feel guilty about what happened and that even though they never got along, she still missed him. Because even though they were half siblings, she was the closest thing to a brother she ever had.

After that we ate in silence, it wasn't awkward, just comfortable. Max stood up once she'd finished and looked at my records. "Oh my god... Running Up That Hill?! That's my favourite song of like, all time!" I nodded "It's one of my favourites too! Put it on if you want!" After I finished talking, Max wasted no time in sliding the record out, placing it in my player carefully and lowering the needle.

I got up and slapped my legs. "Okay, make yourself comfy, I'm gonna start packing my bag and get changed." She nodded and flopped down on my bed, messing around with bits and bobs lying around in my nightstand. As I was rummaging around my closet I saw the Hellfire shirt that Eddie gave me, taking that, a pair of denim shorts and a belt to the bathroom, getting changed.

"Oh my God. Is that Eddie's?" Max said as soon as i walked into the room. I nodded, "Well, it was. He gave it to me on the day of the championship game for subbing." Max's mouth hung agape. "Yeah no, he's like in love with you." I laugh at Max because I don't think she could be any further off. "When Eddie gave me this we weren't even on speaking terms really. We had an argument like right after it too."

"If you think he isn't in love with you, you're blind. Everyone knows it. I've known him for less than two days and even I can tell." I shook my head and then shrugged my shoulders "Things have happened between us but they're not serious, we aren't dating or anything. Plus I think we're too incompatible to be together. He's fun though."

"Well, maybe you two are birds of a feather, you just don't realise it yet." Max shrugged and turned back to my nightstand, messing with whatever she was before.

_______________
Writers block. Send help.
I'm not happy with the way this book is going and idk how to fix it so if y'all have any ideas feel free to message me on here about where you want it to go or comment, any ideas I use I'll credit y'all in this lil note bit that I always do if you want me to <3
Also I rly wanna do one of those get to know the author things so idk we'll see 🤭