54.9

"The firewall on this old thing is actually pretty good. But, you know, port scan, UDP message peek, pop to root shell, and," Ramsey explains to the team while typing on her computer. "Say hello to Project Aries." The screen behind her starts to show the full device that the piece they had found goes to.
"What is it?" Mia asks as she looks at the screen confused.
"It's what we got from Mr. Nobody's plane. Or at least part of it," Letty answers as she looks from the screen to Mia.

"Aries was designed to override and assimilate anything that runs on code. Any computer anywhere. If it operates on zeros and ones, it's vulnerable," Ramsey explains as the function of the device flashes across the screens behind her. "Aries can own it."
"It can weaponize anything," Tej says as he explains deeper and simpler. "Someone could burn your house down with your refrigerator if they wanted to."

"Oh, so, now my refrigerator's gonna kill me?" Roman asks as he looks between the two with raised eyebrows.
"It could be made to," Ramsey answers him with a nod.
"How about my George Foreman Grill or foot massager?" Roman asks in a sarcastic manner before laughing, causing August to roll her eyes because Roman really hadn't changed.
"Do you know how it feels to create something that could end the world?" Ramsey asks as she looks at Roman.
"No," Roman answers as he glances around at everyone.

"Well, I do," Ramsey tells him while Letty smiles at Roman's shock that Ramsey zeroed him out. "And this will. If you take Aries and upload it to a satellite, it'll spread like a virus. Then it'll be a matter of time before someone can control any weapon system... traditional, nuclear, stuff we haven't even seen yet... and just point it wherever they want. Jakob reboots the world order within minutes."

"Ares is the god of war, right?" Tej says as he looks at Ramsey before looking at everyone else. "If Jakob gets his hands on this, he'll be the god of damn near everything."
"Because of how dangerous it was, the Aries prototype was recovered and split into two halves by Mr. Nobody. Both of which are worthless without the activation key," Ramsey explains as the screens move with her explanation. "Jakob now has one of the pieces. He'll be going after the other half next. As for the key, it's... it's vanished."

"So we find it," Dom says which causes everyone to look at him. "If we're gonna beat Jakob to it, we're gonna have to split up. Roman, Tej, I know a couple of guys operating out of Germany that could get us anything we need."
"I'm on it," Roman says with a nod.

"Wait, there's one more thing," Tej says which gains everyone's attention. "Mr. Nobody's transmission had one name connected to the key. You guys are gonna want to brace yourselves for this." Tej types on his computer before Han's profile is pulled up on the screen.
"No way," Letty says as everyone looks at the screen in shock.
"That's exactly what I said," Tej says with a nod.
"So you're saying Han's death is connected to all of this?" Roman asks as he points at the screen with Han's picture.
"He has to have something to do with it," August says as she looks at him with a shrug.
"I'll look into it," Letty offers as she looks over at Tej. "Tej, can you send me all the files you have on Han?"
"Yeah," Tej says before he gets to work on that.
"We'll go with you," August says with a nod as she motions to Mia.

"Letty," Dom says as he remembers the postcard that he had pulled out of the drawer in their garage. "I got this the day Han died."
"Mexico," Letty says as she recognizes the cross and place.
"Check the postmark," Dom tells her which causes her to flip the postcard to reveal a Tokyo, Japan postmark. "Whatever he was up to, it ended here."
"Tokyo," Letty says in slight shock since that is where Han died.

"What are you gonna do about Jakob?" Mia asks as she looks at her brother.
"I'm gonna find him," Dom answers her, causing Mia to look at him worriedly because Jakob is still her brother.
"How?" August asks with a raised eyebrow.
"An old friend," Dom answers with a slight smirk, causing Mia to look at him confused while August looks down as she feels guilty. It had been years since she had visited Buddy Hubbard, a friend of her dad's, who had been part of most of their young lives.

Dom is released from prison eight months early for good behavior before he goes looking for his brother. Jesse, Vince, Letty, and Mia look in shock as Dom pulls up beside them at a street race.

"Hey," Letty says as she makes her way over to Dom before shoving him against his car. "You had another eight months."
"Good behavior," Dom tells her with a shrug before she pulls him into a kiss.
"Oh, Dom," Mia says as he makes his way over to her, pulling his sister into a hug. "You didn't call. Aug or I would have picked you up."
"I'm here now," Dom says with a smile as they pull apart before glancing around for his other sister.
"Welcome home, brother," Vince says as he and Dom share a quick hug.
"Come here, bro," Jesse says excitedly as he and Dom hug while he pats Dom's back. The crowd begins to cheer as Jakob and August get out of their cars, soaking in the cheers from the crowd. August and Jakob share a high-five before August and Hector share a hug.

"Who wants next? I said, who wants next?!" Jakob questions as he looks around at all of the racers.

"I got next," Dom announces as he looks over at his brother, causing August to whip her head around in shock.
"Dom," Jakob says as he looks at his brother in shock while August rushes over, pulling her oldest brother into a hug which he gladly returns. "Well, when'd you get out, man?"
"I said I got next," Dom says as he lets go of August, who looks up at him confused before he walks closer to his brother.
"Come on, Dom. You don't want to race me in Buddy's old Charger," Jakob says as he steps forward while motioning to Dom's car. "No, it won't even be close." Jakob points over at his car. "My mustang? With all the mods that I put in it?"

"Car don't make the driver," Dom says as he slightly rolls his eyes while he walks over to his brother before speaking in a whisper so that only Jakob will hear. "Here's how this goes. You win... you come back home. You lose... you keep driving, you don't stop, you don't ever come back. Ever."

"What do you mean, Dom?" Jakob asks as he looks at his brother confused.
"I know what you did," Dom answers him, causing Jakob to frown. "The day we lost him, Dad kept talking about a misfire. Remember? You were the last one under his hood that day. A minute later, he was gone." Jakob's face turns to one of shock. "Tell me why you killed Dad." Jakob thickly swallows because he doesn't know what to say. "Now let's race." An all clear of cops is given as Dom and Jakob move their cars to the on-ramp that leads to the quarter-mile bridge where they will be racing. Letty looks at the two cars worriedly as she walks between them with a flashlight in hand.

"Ready?" Letty asks as she looks between the two cars before moving the flashlight to rest on her shoulder. "Set." Each brother revs their engine before Letty turns the flashlight on. "Go." Jakob and Dom both take off in wheelies before Dom takes the lead. Jakob quickly accelerates, getting beside Dom as they move onto the bridge. Jakob panics as he drives while Dom is calm behind the wheel of his car. Jakob glances over at Dom, who twists the knob on his NOS bottle to get it ready. Jakob flips a switch to get his NOS ready as they near the end of the bridge where a crowd is waiting. Jesse runs across, spray painting a finish line as the crowd clears out of the way. Dom starts to get in front of Jakob, causing Jakob to hit his NOS before speeding ahead of Dom.

"Too soon," Dom says as Jakob has trouble controlling his car because of the new speed. Dom hits his NOS before speeding in front of Jakob.
"No!" Jakob yells as Dom crosses the finish line before him. Dom comes to a stop while Jakob continues to drive, causing tears to form in Mia's eyes. August watches Jakob's car in confusion before seeing the tears in her sister's eyes. August quickly runs over to her car before taking off after her brother, knowing the one place that he would end up going.

 August quickly runs over to her car before taking off after her brother, knowing the one place that he would end up going