Will my secret be revealed?

"Jessica dear, you will have to baby sit instead of Jane. She is not well."

"What is wrong with her?"

"She has a terrible cold. Will you baby sit for her? It is only from 4 to 6 pm."

"Ok, mum."

Jane started baby sitting three months ago. She quite likes it. I took the bus to Mr and Mrs Dawson's house. Jane adores the family. They are very decent and kind people. They give her a candy bar everytime she baby sits their five year old daughter. Jane always tells us how happy and romantic Mr and Mrs Dawson are. This is the first time I am visiting their house.

I rang the bell. The door was opened by a plump looking women. "Mrs Dawson?" said I.

'Yes, that is me. Are you Jane's sister?"

"Yes."

"Your mother phoned and said you will be coming. How is Jane?"

"She is down with the flue, miss."

She told me to come inside. "This is our daughter." said her.

"Hi, angel" said I to the little fat girl. Her father was holding her hand. The man seem to be surprised to see me. I looked at him again. Oh, my God I can't believe it.

Both the couple gave their daughter a kiss and left the house.

Two minutes later the door bell rang. I went to see who it was. He was back.

He pushed open the half closed door and closed the door behind. I was sweating.

"Lets go to the room. It won't take less than five minutes." said the middle aged man.

"No." said I.

"You don't have to be shy we have done this before. Before you make me angry, do as I say.."

"I can't."

"Do you want money?"

"Please let me go." He was dragging me to a room. He was huge and strong so I couldn't fight him. "Your daughter is in the play room, don't you have any shame?"

He laughed loud. "A whore telling me about shame. What happened to yours when you went to that brothel?"

He pushed me on the bed and was about to remove his pants.

"Help me, help!" The words didn't come out of my mouth.

"What the hell is going on here, David?" said a lady's voice. His wife was staring at us shocked and horrified.

I got out of the bed and adjusted my clothes. I was still shaking.

"He came on to me."

"Lier. She came to the room while I was searching for my mobile and she pratically threw herself at me. What a slut?"

"Get away from my house." said she.

"Believe me, he tried to rape me." said I crying.

"You may have a face of an angel but you are not fooling me. I trust my husband. This is the first time a thing like this has happened." said she.

I went home crying and humiliated. Will my secret be revealed, will Mr Dawson say he saw me at the borthel? I was running along our small sitting room when my mother spoke angrily. "Stop there, right now. I got a call from Mrs Dawson. Tell me what happened?"

I told her the story. "He is a decent man he has not done anything to Jane. He can easily target a small girl than a grown woman."

"You have to believe me mum, don't you trust me." I broke down and cried.

"I trust you my little love. Even decent men become indecent when they see an extraordinary beautiful face. Please, don't cry Jessica."

"Oh, mum why is the world so cruel?" My beauty has become a curse to me.

It was wednesday. I had to give a speech about Macbeth at college.

"You are a talented speaker. I am impressed."

"Thank you, Raven."

"Are you free tonight? We can go to Coffeem, as friends I mean."

"Do I look as if I am starving?"

"Don't be rude. Please, I love your company."

I gave a slight smile.

"Please, please, please."

"You win."

"Shall I come to pick you up?"

What will he think of me if he sees our shabby house. "No, no...I will meet you there at the restuarant. Just tell me where it is?"

The dinner was chips and beef burgers. We had chocolate ice cream afterwards. "I want you to come with me for a ride. We can go to the beach." It was eight past thirty when I got home. I got dressed to go to work. Wish I could stop what I do and start a new life. Wish it is not too late...

"We want to increase your wages. A lot of customers ask for you. They fancy you a lot."

I don't think all the money in the world will make me happy. I have lost my soul on the way. I have lost too much. "That's great" said I.

"Go to the room number six, a client is waiting for you."

I had four clients that day. I was very tired by the time I came home. I don't cry now. I have no heart for that. My heart was killed by a man I honestly loved. Jason destroyed my life. I will never want love in my life. I will never want anything anymore. I am so fed up of everything. From the day I was born all I saw was pain. No proper family, no enough money, no fancy clothes... Life sucks!

 "I am glad I have you mum. I don't know how you survived when dad left us. You are a great woman, mum. I love you a lot. Thank you for raising us up." said I. "How was your waitering job? Rosey said you came home very late. Sometimes I fear for your safety. Why were you so late yesterday?" "There were a couple of late customers and we closed at one in the morning. Sorry, mum."

"If only we had money you wouldn't have to work that late in a restuarant." mentioned my mum.