"You don't mean that." Harry takes a step closer. Too close.

Marley feels closed in. So she uncrossed her arms. And places her hands on his chest to push him away.

But he won't let her shut down. So he takes her hands in both of his and moves closer, still. "Please, Marley. Tell me you don't mean that."

And the words are caught in her throat. She wants to say she does. She wants to say she never felt her heart flutter just from him saying her name.

But she can't. Because the words are caught in her throat.

"Marley..." He says softly. He wants to kiss her. Boy, does he want to kiss her. But the girl with the crystal blue eyes that remind him of icicles and frost-bitten noses just might be worth being patient for.

Marley closes her eyes. Doesn't know what to do anymore. But she knows that she wants to make the pain leave those troubled kind of green eyes.

So she says, "I didn't mean it."

And he wants to kiss her. Boy, does he want to kiss her. But he won't push her. So he stays put.

Marley's heartbeat pulses quickly under her t-shirt. She's hot from her run. Thinks she probably looks like a mess. So she overthinks like she always does.

And there's just something about this boy that makes her over emotional. So when a tear slides down her cheek, it's really not surprising.

"Shh." He says. Doesn't think twice before wiping it away with the pad of his thumb. "Don't cry."

And there's just something about this boy that makes her over emotional. So when she starts telling him everything, it's really not surprising. And it comes out in a rush with tears and broken messes of cheap glass and fake flowers on the floor of her kitchen.

"Slow down, baby. I can't understand you." Harry says. Realizes he slipped and called her that again, but she doesn't point it out. And neither does he. Wipes away each tear before it can reach her chin.

"I'm j-just s-so tired of e-everyone leaving m-m-me. Nobody cares e-enough to stay." Marley says. Her voice shakes and she has never felt so vulnerable in front of someone. But she can't help the tears that fall.

Because there is just something about this boy that makes her over emotional.

"Leave you? No one is leaving you." Harry says. Wishes she knew just how much the thought of leaving her destroys him. Knows he never could even if he tried.

"I'm all a-alone. My m-mother left. My dad never cared. And now J-Jax is gone too." She can't look at him. She just can't. Because she's afraid she will see the same distant expression that everyone wears. The one that promises he too, will leave her in the dust.

"Your brother? He's gone?" Harry's eyes grow wide. And he realizes that she really is here alone. He doesn't wait for her to confirm it. "Are you living here alone?"

Marley nods. Blinks a few times before meeting his gaze. "Everyone always leaves me. I'm not good enough for anyone."

Those troubled kind of green eyes that remind her of summer grass and warm breezes stare into her. They breathe into her. And something about those eyes makes her feel a little less alone.

And this feeling is only reinforced by Harry's soft words. "You're more than good enough for me, Marley."

And there's just something about this boy that makes her over emotional. And there's just something about those troubled kind of green eyes that make her feel a little less alone.

But it still surprises the heck out of Harry when she speaks up and says, "kiss me."

He's stunned for a moment. Doesn't know if she really said it. "What?"

She leans off the wall behind her. Cold fingers lacing into brown tangles at the back of his neck. "Please. Kiss me, Harry."

With her statement, he snaps out of his disbelief and immediately an arm wraps around her waist, the other still on her cheek. And kisses her.

Because he wants to kiss her. Boy, does he want to kiss her. And she wanted him to kiss her, too. So he did.

Harry has kissed Marley a few times. But nothing compared to this. Because for a moment her lips moved with his and her cold fingers gently tugged on his hair. And something about it seemed as easy as breathing.

But this type of breathing was far more refreshing than oxygen could provide. It is rare and pure. Something about it so riveting and exquisite.

But like a well known poet once said, nothing gold can stay.

He will only hurt you! He will never stay! Stop before it's too late, Marley! Wake the fuck up!

"I'm sorry." She says when she pulls away too soon. But she doesn't step away. And his forehead rests on hers.

"Don't be." Harry says. "Don't think. Just let go."

"It's not that easy." Marley says. Shakes her head slightly.

"Then I'll be patient." Her heart flutters at his words.

So she nods and kisses him again. And this time, Maria's protests don't seem so loud anymore.

But they are most definitely still there.

__________________________

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE. THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO SUPPORTIVE THIS WEEK. ILYASM. LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

-Lena xxxx