𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 , the bathtub

Start from the beginning

"Have you ever seen An American Werewolf in London?" He asked the girl.

Kennedy shook her head. "No."

"Well, I have."

The Theroux tilted her brows downward as she frowned at the twelve-year-old. "Aren't you too young to watch those movies?" She asked him.

"Yeah, but we tell you it's a kids movie so you let us go see it while you and Jonathan go to the electronic store." Dustin deadpanned, causing Kennedy's to widen in surprise. Dustin scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Anyways, it's a horror comedy about, well, werewolves. They transform into these weird wolf-like creatures that are slightly more human," Dustin holds up a magazine, showing a photo from the movie. Kennedy scrunched her nose.

"I didn't look like that." She said as she studied the beastly creatures.

"No, but maybe you could." Dustin hummed. "In Wolfen, they turn into actual wolves. But in The Howling, they have golden eyes, fangs, and claws, and the beastly creature." Dustin holds up another magazine, including a photo of a werewolf girl with exactly that. The golden eyes made with bad contacts, claws coming from her hands, and a low snarl with fangs. Kennedy tilted her head, that was the closet to what she had looked like.

Kennedy shrugs, "So, what? I turn into a dog every full moon?" She asked him with a raised brow.

Dustin stuttered as he put the horror magazines away. "I don't know! There's, not another full moon until the 30th!" He exclaimed, knowing today was only November 12th. "But look! You even have super-healing!" Kennedy looked over herself, seeing all of her cuts and bruises were suddenly gone. She even pulled at the cuff of her jeans, seeing the blackened bruise was no longer there.

The two of them looked over at the supercom walkie-talkie on the table. Kennedy and Dustin shared wary looks as they stood up, walking over. "Guys!" Lucas's voice cut in and out as he spoke. He was yelling, but they couldn't make out what he was saying.

The Henderson looked up, "Can't you use your hearing!?"

Kennedy shrugged, "One, I don't know if it works that way." She pointed out, "And two, I don't know how to use this stuff in the first place!" She exasperated, talking with her hands. She sat at the table as she brought the walkie-talkie to her ear, "Go get Mike and El!"

Dustin ran to the bathroom to get his friends. Kennedy chewed on her thumbnail as she tried to make out what the Sinclair boy was saying. Dustin came rushing back with Mike and Eleven close behind him. "Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?"

"Yeah."

"What if he found it?"

Mike looked at the radio in Kennedy's hands, listening to the static and the ins and outs of Lucas's voice. "What's he saying?" He asked the two.

"We don't know," Kennedy confessed as she looked up.

"He's way out of range." Dustin followed up.

Mike took the walkie talkie away from Kennedy, hearing Lucas shout son of a bitch!  Mike turned on the mike. "Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down. We can't understand you."

"Yes, I copy!" Is all they could hear. Lucas's signal cut in and out, and all they could hear was random sounds and words that didn't sound right.

"Mad hen." Dustin shouted, "Does that mean anything to you? Like a code name or something?"

Kennedy shook her head, "I don't think that's what he's saying." She whispered. Her eyes were on the table while she listened to the sound of Lucas's staticky voice.