You clap a hand over his mouth before he can continue, and he furrows his brows at you in frustration. "Listen to me." You whisper, and he blinks once in response. "I'm not here because I want to be. I was asked by the Hero Association to come."

When you remove your hand from his mouth, he tilts his head closer to yours. "What did they ask you to do?"

He knew that you weren't here on your own accord when your pretty (e/c) eyes looked away from him. He placed a hand on your cheek, catching the shimmer of a single tear slipping down it against his gloved hand. He wiped it away with his thumb and held you impossibly close, the best he could do to comfort you. "Stardust, let me help you."

You melted into him. "They...they told me what your purpose here is." You felt him stiffen, but when you didn't pull away from him in disgust, he wasn't sure how he felt. "They want me to kill him."

The second that sentence left your lips, he knew the inner turmoil you were battling. He didn't need to know the name of who you were referring to when you said that. His eyes softened, and he kissed your cheek. "I'm sorry." He knew why they had asked you, he didn't need to verify it with you. "You didn't have to listen to them."

A twinge crosses your chest. You cannot identify it. "It wasn't an option, Hawks." How you were still maintaining a whisper was unknown to you.

"Yes it was." His response was quick and right on the tip of his tongue. He knew you were going to say that.

You became annoyed. "If it was optional, then why are you here?"

"I didn't have a choice."

The glare you give him says enough. Isn't that almost exactly what you had just told him? Backing out wasn't an option.

"They have something against me."

"Which is?" You cock an eyebrow.

He flattens his lips and refuses to look at you.

"Is this about Dabi?"

He shakes his head.

"Are you lying to me?"

He finally meets your gaze again. "No, I promise."

"Then what are you hiding?"

"Nothing." His answer is too quick for your liking.

"Keigo." His name rolls off of your tongue in a warning. You place your hands on his shoulders and push him away so he can see how serious you are. "You can't lie to me. I'm your wife. I can read you like the back of my hand. I'll always be able to tell."

He sighs in frustration and runs a hand through his ashy blond locks, chewing on his lip in contemplation before he presses his forehead to yours. "(Y/N)..." Him using your actual name made your heart skip a beat. His eyes fall shut. "There's a lot of things about me that you don't know."

You can hear your own breathing in your ears when your anxiety skyrockets. What does that mean?

"You...you know I love you, right?" He swallows hard, the sound echoes.

"J-just spit it out." You have to manually inhale. "Y-you're starting to freak me out."

You want him to look at you. You need him to. You don't think your heart can take how scared you are right now. Why was he saying these things?

"I didn't pass out in front of your bar by chance...stardust."

It hits you like a slap to the face.

Any oxygen that was in your lungs withered immediately. Your world is shaken until the axis is violently spinning around it like a magic eight ball. Your peripherals are beginning to go black, or maybe that was just the darkness of the room.