~~~

I glanced down at the last message and smiled. Maybe they were right. I can do this.

I quickly threw on the jeans and a tshirt, which had a science pun on it, to my delight. I looked in the mirror and remembered the cuts and scrapes covering my arms and neck.

I sighed and put on the hoodie, which read "MIT" in bold letters, but to my dismay it didn't cover my neck. Stupid crew neck.

I didn't really have a choice, so I gathered the remaining clothes and hurried to the lab to put them with my stuff.

I re-entered the hallway, before realizing I had no idea where I was going.

"Shit,"

"Would you like me to inform boss that you are lost?" FRIDAY's smooth voice rang through the empty hallway.

"No, no, but uh... can you give me the directions?"

"Of course, Peter. Continue down this hallway until you reach the split, then go right. The destination is the last door on your left."

"Thanks, FRIDAY." I mentally repeated the directions and when I got to the fancy double doors I exhaled sharply.

I should be at home with May. "I can't do this, I can't do this,"

Just as I turned to leave, the door clicked open.

"You must be Peter! We were just about to come looking for you. The food is ready."

I turned and saw Wanda Maximoff standing there, smiling warmly.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry," I noticed her glance down at my neck and frowned, the concern obvious on her face.

She lowered her voice, "Are you okay, Peter?"

"Uhm, it was just a cat. I think it was feral, but they're almost better. I'll be okay."

She didn't seem to fully believe me but dropped the subject. Only a few minutes later I realized she could read minds.

"Shit," I said under my breath, but apparently not quiet enough.

The table went silent. I felt everyone's eyes turn to me, then my neck, then back to me. The pity radiating off them in that moment almost made me sick.

I glanced up to see Tony staring at me.

"Mr. Stark? Are you okay?"

"I think we should be asking you the same question," An unfamiliar voice said from the opposite end of the table.

I turned and recognized him. "You're-"

"Yes, I'm the Hulk."

"Bruce Banner. I read your books on gamma radiation. They were super cool."Again, the meager conversation that had started back stopped.

"I know famous scientists that quit reading those after the first chapter. Tony told us you were smart, but goddamn."

"Language," I glanced over at the one and only Steve Rogers, or Captain America.

Hawkeye turned to him and lightly punched his arm, earning an annoyed glance that would have made me go silent and sink into the floor.

"Lighten up a little, Cap. You heard him yourself, he obviously doesn't care about 'bad language words'."

"Can we drop that?" Steve sighed, annoyed, then turned to me. I thought he was gonna lecture me and I looked down and mumbled a quick apology.

"It just... slipped out."

Clint burst out laughing, for some reason, and quickly the rest of them did too.

"Cap, don't you steal him from me. I found him first." Tony said through laughter.

"I was just gonna say 'sorry you have to deal with these idiots'." Cap said, trying not to laugh as well.

AWWW FLUFF
don't worry next chapter i'm crushing all your hopes and dreams for them to ignore Peter's injuries.
Wanda knows, obviously. And you guys already know you can't keep jacks shit from Nat, so I have a feeling you know how it's gonna go down.
AND THE TEA. GUYS YOURE GONNA BE SHOOK AFTER NEXT CHAPTER.
okay i'm gonna shut up now since there's only like two of you and you're probably already tired of my rambling

have a great day/night and remember to eat a snack 👋❤️

Wrong Number, Kidजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें