The New Hashira

Sorry about all the time skips everyone but I just don't have the motivation to write character development within the span of two years in the story. Anyhow enjoy the chapter!

CW CURSING

========================================================================

It had been a year and just over ten months since I became the Blood Hashira. I loved the job and all but something was definitely missing. I had my friends, Sanemi and Kanae, well I shouldn't say Kanae since she passed away last month. The whole ordeal took its toll on all of us. She died a Hashira and in the arms of her sister.

However, that wasn't what was missing. I had made friends with all the other Hashira and they all liked me even though I now covered half of my face. After I couldn't find Giyu I fell into a depression episode for a while. The result ended up me feeling guilty and since the dark circles under my eyes were getting pretty bad, I covered them up with my half-faced fox mask from all those years ago. I never take off my mask unless I'm around Sanemi since he's the only close friend I have at the moment.

Speaking about "at the moment" right now I'm heading South for a mission. I heard rumors of a new Hashira being welcomed while I'm gone but I didn't mind all that much. I could just meet them later.

(NO ONE POV)

As Hana ran through the trees things at the Ubuyakshiki Estate were a bit more interesting.

"Welcome to the new water Hashira Tomioka Giyu!" Ubuyakshiki introduced Giyu to the majority of the other Hashira.

"Sadly, you won't be able to meet the Blood Hashira today but you will when she returns from her mission." Ubuyakshiki continued.

Sanemi looked up after hearing the familiar name to see what he thought was a rat-faced depressed dude. Sanemi remembered Hana's description of her friends during the few times she spoke of them, the one that most often was talked about was a boy named Tomioka Giyu, with eyes as deep as the ocean. Sanemi immediately recognized him to be the boy you were talking about.

Ubuyakshiki soon left to let the Pillars get to know the new recruit. While many went up to talk to him Sanemi and his snake-like friend, Iguro, stood in the back not wanting to talk to the new recruit.

"He looks so dead." Iguro insulted him as he hopped onto his branch.

"Agreed. He kinda has a rat-looking face ya think?" Sanemi questioned.

"Yeah, I can see that. He shows no emotion it's like he's just an empty shell."

Sanemi just nodded.

(Hana's POV)

The demon was pretty easy to kill, it didn't seem to know how to hide well making it rather easy to use the shadows to my advantage. The moon was still high in the sky when I began my way back North to the Ubuyakshiki Estate. A part of me was excited to meet the new Hashira and another part of me was just excited to relax and take a nice soak in the hot springs.

I had finally arrived at the beautiful estate safely. The sun had just begun to rise in the East. I made my way to my estate passing the wind Pillars estate. The door flung open just as I was passing Sanemi's estate.

"Hana! Your back!" Sanemi shouted in his usual gruff voice.

"Yes, the demon was very easy to defeat. Did you meet the new Hashira?" I asked

"Yeah, he looks like a total asshole."

"Oh really..."

"Speaking about him I think you should go meet him."