09. one spoon for two

nine,
one spoon for two

        PHOEBE SAT ON her bed, her script in front of her

        PHOEBE SAT ON her bed, her script in front of her. She had most of her lines memorized already if she was being completely honest, she just felt like she needed to push herself a bit harder if she wanted to make sure they won the Menkies. There was a knock on her door, making her sigh and put her script down. "Yeah?"

        EJ walked in, leaving the door open a few inches. "Hey, baby."

        Phoebe smiled, letting him tilt her chin so he could kiss her. "Hey."

        "Let's go," EJ nodded his head toward her door.

        "Where?" she furrowed her brows.

"To get ice cream," he responded, grabbing her a jacket. He held it out to her, but she didn't take it. "Babe, you need a break. And would you really pass up strawberry ice cream?"

"Sometimes I hate how much you know me," Phoebe sighed, taking the jacket and putting it on. She took his hand as they walked downstairs. "Dad, is it okay if EJ and I go get some ice cream?"

"Sure," James agreed. "Have fun." Because it was Saturday, Phoebe knew that her father didn't really care how late she was out. He knew that if she was with EJ, she was safe, but she still texted him updates.

        Phoebe smiled at him and led EJ out of the house. When she got into his car, she immediately connected her phone to the aux chord. Naturally, Taylor Swift played in the background as EJ drove to the nearest ice cream place.

        "Can we get a bowl of strawberry ice cream please?" he ordered for them when they walked in. EJ almost always orders Phoebe's food when they go out together because of how much she gets embarrassed.

        "What size?"

        "Large, please."

        The girl gave them a small knowing smile before scooping the ice cream into the bowl. "Would you like any toppings?"

        "No, thank you," Phoebe answered and the girl laid the ice cream down on the counter.

        EJ paid and the couple walked back to his car. They drove to the park, the same one they went to on Valentine's Day. EJ glanced down at the ice cream, which Phoebe had left to melt a bit because she claimed it tasted better. (It was weird but oddly cute.) "Crap."

        "What?" Phoebe looked over to him.

        "I forgot to ask for another spoon," he replied.

        "We have a spoon," she grabbed the ice cream and held the spoon up to him. "What? Did you suddenly become a germaphobe?"

        "I didn't know if you wanted to share."