𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗

Start from the beginning

A wide smile broke through on Rosaleen's face when he called her his Queen, a warm feeling of happiness spreading all through her body and colouring her cheeks to a shade of pink roses. 'Alright, but why there? You could have placed it a bit behind the others.'

Peter chuckled as he moved his face a bit closer down towards hers. 'Because I want you at my side,' he mumbled against her lips before closing the last remaining distance and kissing her somewhat longer than he had intended.

They broke apart when a knock sounded through the spacious room and the doors swung open inwards, revealing Mr Tumnus. The faun walked inside, carrying several scrolls between his arms and he stopped in front of the pair as he bowed in respect.

'Your Majesty, My Lady,' Tumnus greeted them, a happy twinkle shimmering in his blue eyes. 'I have the replies to the wedding invitations, and some other, exciting news.'

Peter nodded, still holding Rosaleen close with one arm wrapped around her waist. 'Go on.'

'Most Lord and Ladies have accepted the invitations. King Lune and Queen Lavinia will come as well, they're looking forward to the wedding,' Tumnus summed up, but before he could move on to the other news, Rosaleen interrupted him.

'What about Seren?' she asked, her blood rushing loudly between her ears as her heartbeat increased. She had thought about it long and hard, wondering if they should invite him too, but it had been a year. Perhaps she could face him now and it had felt weird to not send him an invitation.

Mr Tumnus though, slowly shook his head, his goat ears dropping a bit. 'He declined. He sent you and Peter his best wishes and he thanks you for the invitation. He also wrote that if it appears you're not ready yet, he might be the cause of a horrible experience on something that should be the most joyous day of your life. He doesn't want to take that risk.'

Rosaleen nodded, not sure if she should feel relieved or sad and she glanced up at Peter when he rubbed her side in a comforting way.

'What's the other news?' he wondered and Tumnus' ears perked up again.

'The white stag has been spotted in the Western Woods.'

Peter's eyes lit up. 'That is indeed exciting news. Inform my siblings and Alexander, we'll track down that stag.'

Tumnus bowed once more before speeding out of the throne room while Rosaleen gave Peter a look in disbelief.

Peter's smile disappeared a bit when he noticed her stare, but it disappeared all completely when she smacked his upper arm.

'What's wrong?' he asked, rubbing the sore spot through the fabric of his red blouse.

'Our wedding is in seven days and you want to chase the white stag now?' Rosaleen answered while crossing her arms. 'It's a two day's ride to the Western Woods.'

'That'll give us plenty of time, Rose. I promise we'll be back in time before the wedding, but we cannot miss this opportunity. The white stag is mythical, it grants your every wish upon capturing it,' Peter said, trying to reassure her.

'And what would you do with that one wish if you captured it?'

'It wouldn't be for me,' he answered. 'It would be for you. The wish could give you a peace of mind with what happened between you and the Reflections.'

Rosaleen uncrossed her arms, dropping them next to her side as her face softened.

'There are still times when you wake up in the middle of the night, screaming. It breaks my heart,' Peter continued. 'That the stag shows up this close to our wedding cannot be a coincidence. Narnia wants you to heal too. Please, and I promise we'll be back in time.'