Gregg is Demented

Chapter 5 : Gregg is Demented

 Intense silence enveloped the people in the room.

The two elders, Matilda and Gregg, just looked at each other with innocuous smiles. On the other hand, the two young beings looked at Gregg worriedly.

"Dear Gregg, it seems like you haven't read the clock yet, it's already a quarter to six." Matilda chuckled.

"Really? My, my, I've been so caught up with my job, I haven't realized it's already late."

"Wh-what were you doing the whole afternoon, Mr. Gregg?" Kira asked.

Gregg grinned mischievously. "Oh, just some old grown up stuff you kids shouldn't be asking about."

"Does it involve sharpening any of your tools, Gregg?" Leone pressed.

Gregg looked at him for a while then patted his back. "You're mighty right, Leone m'boy! I'd need those tools cuz I feel like something big would be happening tomorrow night."

"Gregg, it seems like you look a bit famished. I've prepared some of your favorite dishes. C'mon now old chap, I know you want to eat already." Matilda got up and directed them to her dining room.

Gregg ran to Matilda and put his arm around her neck."You got me yet again, Matilda. Seems like nothing changed like what blind people were saying about us!"

Matilda laughed along with her childhood friend then turned around and spoke to the two,"Leone, Kira? What are you two doing in there? Hussle yourselves to the kitchen. My cooking is simply delicious!"

And it was very delicious. The bunch had a very scrumptous meal. They talked in a very friendly manner. Well, Gregg and Matilda did most of the talking actually. The two reminisced gaily of their childhood days to the kids. Indeed, their childhoods were really unique and memorable.

After dinner, it was already dark outside. Gregg instructed his lady friend to let the kids sleep in her house for the night, Matilda gladly agreed. She readily ushered Leone and Kira to a clean bedroom with two beds.

As Matilda said her goodnights, the two kids looked at each other uneasily. As minutes passed by, they found themselves deep in slumber.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're quite the enthusiastic child, aren't you, Kira?" Gregg said proudly to Kira.

It was the second day of their stay at Gregg's place. It was that day.

Gregg and Matilda fed the kids with dozens of mouthwatering meals. Gregg brought out some of his game equipments. Kira did nothing but stare at them blankly. She obviously didn't know what they were so Leone and Gregg taught her to play.

They had a very enjoyable afternoon. Kira easily got the hang of playing it while Leone was already a pro. Gregg and Matilda were also in full gear while playing. After hours of merriment, the four of them finally got exhausted.

Gregg led the kids to his living room for some refreshments as Matilda bid them goodbye with a very mysterious air into it.

"It was very fun, Mr. Gregg. I never knew earth games were this exciting," Kira spoke up happily.

"Glad you had a good time with me and Matilda, little missy. How about you, Leone? Did you have a good time?" Gregg looked expectantly at Leone.

Seconds of silence passed before Leone replied, "Oh, I enjoyed it too. Thanks." It was apparent that he was deep in thought of something.