51|| Two Truths and a Lie

Começar do início

With a heavy sigh, Marcelo fixed his watch and lifted his hand to his face, pressing on his eyes a little. This entire situation was giving him a lasting headache, truly.

Just to be clear, he did not like Jiho in that way. Definitely didn't, but just the thought of not being able to see the eccentric and sometimes dramatic Male made Marcelo's skin itch uncomfortably. Those last days he spent in Jihos company was second to none. He wanted more of that one thing...for the first time in his life.

If he came completely clean one day in the near future...could that possibly heighten his chances of being forgiven?

A man could certainly dream couldn't he?

Marcelo didn't know how long he stood there, by the roadside, staring into nothing as people passed by. It was a lengthy about of time because the gray clouds had began clearing, allowing some rays of sunlight to shine through.

While Marcelo thought, he came to a favourable conclusion. He just didn't know if he was ready. Ready to face his parents, ready to give up on the life he went through betrayal to hold on to, ready to be scrutinized...ready for facing the one man that made his heart thud.

...Ready to face the repercussions from Mr Elijah Osoro himself.

It would not be pretty but Marcelo knew from now on that he had to go down eventually...but if he had to go down, he was most definitely taking another set of people down along with him.

Marcelo tightened his fists at his side then made a move to continue walking. He paused mid step after something caught his eye.

...Strange.

Right where he had stopped had a tray at the door and on that multi columned tray, were a lot of newspapers, both tabloids and actual news ones. The front cover of one of those papers caught his attention.

Marcelo stared at it for a long while through the glass case before frowning. He later looked up after hearing repeated tapping against the window's surface.

A woman's face was the first thing he saw after looking up. Her skin was dark and she wore a small neat hat and a uniform which was completed with a thin white frilly apron. She was speaking to him but Marcelo could hardly hear a word.

After nearly a minute of not understanding, he gave up and chose to enter the building through the glass doors that wasn't too far away.

The first thing that hit him was the smell of hot coffee and desserts. The woman who was mutely speaking to him before immediately ran over with a small bounce in her steps. She lifted a finger to point accusingly at him after stopping, "You Sir! If you wanna read you gotta buy the papers first!"

Marcelo could only blink at the small hints of aggression in her tone. Did people usually read the papers through the glass to avoid buying? "Oh..sure," he immediately fished his wallet out.

Seeing that action, the woman's eyes regained an all new spark. She immediately ran to his side, interlocking their arms and dragging him to the nearest seat. Marcelo still had no idea what was happening as she pushed him down to sit.

She grinned, "Since you're here! Have some cake and hot chocolate before you go! We serve only the best-"

Marcelo was only interested in the contents of that newspaper, he didn't have the time to wait around. He started getting up but was interrupted once more, "I've been watching you for quite a while Sir! You know the best way to cure a broken heart and an indecisive soul is to eat dessert and hot chocolate of our best rated Manor street cafe as you ponder about the world!"