"Yeah, well, I couldn't think straight!" He yelled in defense. "I couldn't help myself! The only person left with me, left me too. I've lost too many people, friends, that I can't even count how many anymore."

"I know, Mr. Stark," Dr. Martins sighed. "I understand that you're going through emotional pain, but--"

"I don't recall you being a psychologist," Tony cut him off, already annoyed at the nosy doctor, who thought that he could help him. The only real way to him right now was to bring back the people he loves─his parents, his friends, Pepper and most importantly, Bruce Banner.

Tony Stark has always been known to be a playboy, a womanizer, but after he met Bruce back at the Helicarrier, he couldn't help but be attracted to him; especially his intelligence. Tony has never met anyone who can reach his level of intelligence. But when he met Bruce, he knew immediately that they would be great friends.

But before he can think more about his Science Bro, Dr. Martin snapped him out of his trance, calling out his name and snapping his fingers in front of Tony's face.

"Mr. Stark?" Dr. Martin snapped his fingers in front of Tony's face. "Mr. Stark? Hello? Excuse me, Mr. Star--"

"I can hear you, Dr. Martin!" Tony snapped. "Please, can you leave me alone, just for a moment? I need to figure something out. Oh and can you bring my laptop to me? That would be great, thanks."

"I--" Dr. Martin started to say.

"Go." Tony waved his hand dismissively.

Dr. Martin huffed and straightened his uniform before trudging out of Tony's room, looking frustrated, his face a bright shade of red. With that, Tony chuckled slightly before fiddling with his fingers.

He continued to think about his life, wondering what he should've done, shouldn't have done, and should've done better. Then he remembered his childhood, always craving the attention of his almost-perfect father, who he looked up too. He remembered his mistakes, and remembered how he learned from them. He remembered his childhood friends, then creating his suit, his prototypes. He remembered how he met Pepper and thought that his life was now complete. Then meeting the Avengers. Then meeting Bruce.

He smiled slightly, thinking of the times be made fun of his best friend, then ends up laughing with him right after. He thought of the times they spoke fluent Science. He chuckled, remembering the first time they met.

"It's a stabilizing agent," Tony answered Bruce's question, walking in with Agent Coulson, "Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at SHIELD," Tony continued. Then he walked towards Thor and said, "No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing." Then he talked about the iridium again. "Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants." Then he turned to the crew. "Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails." Then he pointed to someone. "That man is playing GALAGA! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did." He covered one eye and looked around. "How does Fury do this?"

"He turns," Agent Hill replied to him, with virtually no emotion whatsoever.

Then Tony looked around the monitors and placed a button sized hacking implant under one of Fury's monitors without anyone noticing before saying, "Well that sounds exhausting." Then he continued on with talking about the main thing again. "The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube."

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Agent Hill asked, looking slightly shocked and confused.

"Last night," he replied, earning confused looks from some people. "The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?"