Chapter 9: The Seal of Truth

"They'll look high and they'll look low, but when the sinners find us we won't hide. They'll come loud and they'll come fast, we shoot first and we can last. Keep your rifle by your side!" - Hope County Choir, Montana

"So, what's the situation with Anzio's tanks?" I now asked

"Well, they have 3 tank destroyers with most of their force being CV-33 tankettes.. They've got a new shiny heavy tank though.." Yukari said as we sat in the president's office discussing strategy.

"This should be a cakewalk, but you can never trust Chiyomi." Anzu now said, eating another one of those potatoes.

"Well, they're probably gonna deceive us in some way or form, but how can we counterattack without getting fired upon?" The M3 Lee's commander Asuza now said timidly.

"Well, if you're up for it, I have an idiot idea." I now said

"How idiot? It couldn't be that bad.." Anzu now said sarcastically.

"We're gonna send in Bison Team in the middle of a mesa, and just have it spin in circles." I now said, realizing how stupid it is.

"I revoke that statement." Anzu now said again.

We were all stumped for a moment, but Caesar now put this out.

"Patton's idea isn't all that bad, what else do we have? Sure we could easily defeat them in a head on match, but I believe it would be good to play it safe."

"It's decided then! But what should the plan be called? We don't want to openly tell our orders over the radio." Miho now said, scratching her chin.

"Operation Bronze Heart?"

"What about Brass Dragon?"

"Maybe it should be Gray Axe."

"I've got it, it should be Operation Stymphalian Bird!" Anzu now exclaimed. "Any other suggestions? No? Good..."

"Alright, we've got a few days until the match, fair fighting everybody!"

I now decided to work on the 7TP, as I basically had nothing else to do. Arriving at the garage to see three girls in orange jumpsuits doing maintenance on the tanks. I now saw the Polish tank, separate from the rest. The rust had been mostly scrubbed off and everything but the turret's components were restored.

"Hey there, this is your tank?" A brown haired girl now said, popping up from the 7TP's engine block.

"Yep, just came to check it out."

"Good to hear, I'm Rera Nakajima. This thing has been acting up, the parts are fine, but the engine does not handle the fuel well.."

I now thought how that could be happening. My mind quickly came to the answer.

"Is the service model produced in 1938?"

"Uh... yeah?" She now asked, looking at the inscriptions on the tank.

"The Polish crews would use kerosene to keep the engines going when they ran out of gas. That made the engines degrade faster and not be able to take pure gasoline. you're gonna have to make a mixture of gas and kerosene if you're gonna want it to, then slowly add less kerosene and more gas."

"Alright, I'll go get that ready, mind if you start riveting part of the turret?"

"Sure."

I now picked up the toolkit, picking up the widest spanner to screw in part of the rivets for the gun mantlet.

"Looks like all those hours of Tank Mechanic Simulator finally paid off." I now murmured finishing the gun mantlet and scrubbing the rust off.

"I'm back, two fresh canisters of lighter fluid and gasoline right here."