Chapter Two

Sorry the second chapter took so long to get out. I get distracted a lot, and I legit have no motivation right now. Anyways, enough of that. I'm with the story.

TW: Usage of the F slur

Eddie opened the door to see Steve "The hair" Harrington sitting at an empty desk in the corner of the room. And it was only him. Eddie was genuinely surprised no one else got detention, since this was Hawkins, and all the teenagers here were troublemakers. Eddie sighed as he walked In the class room and sat 2 seats away from Steve. He didn't WANT to talk to him, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to make conversation since they were stuck here for for an hour or so.

Eddie grabbed his bag as he slumped into his chair, and pulled out a blank notebook and a pencil. He stared at the paper for a couple seconds before slowly bringing the pencil to the paper and starting to scribble tiny sketches on the paper. Steve saw what he was doing and silently reached over to his bag, grabbing a black notebook with the word "Thoughts" scribbled on the front.

He grabbed a gel pen from his bag and wrote something on the paper. Eddie silently took note of all of this, despite never even looking over at Steve. He could tell what he was doing just by the noises. As Eddie continued to scribble multiple doodles of his D&D character, he felt something light hit his head, and a small sound of something hitting the floor a second after. Eddie rolled his eyes as he looked on the ground next to him, and saw a crumbled up ball of paper. He picked it up and flattened it out on his desk, reading the blue glittery words that said :

ᥕһᥡ ᥲrᥱ ᥡ᥆ᥙ һᥱrᥱ?

Ugh. He wrote it in cursive. What a little princess.
Eddie looked over at Steve who seemed like he was looking at Eddie with a questioning, yet, hopeful smile. Steve's dorky smile pissed him off even more. Eddie took his pencil and wrote 4 words on the paper, not caring what his handwriting looked like.

ɢᴏᴛ ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ sᴍᴏᴋɪɴɢ. ʏᴏᴜ?

Eddie then crumbled the paper up and threw it back at Steve, who immediately picked it up and flattened it out. He squinted at the paper for a minute before his eyes widened a bit. He took a different colored gel pen out of his bag and wrote something else on the paper before crumbling it up and tossing it back at Eddie. Eddie caught it this time, since he saw it coming. He un-raveled the paper to see more glittery words. This time they were light purple.

і g᥆𝗍 іᥒ ᥲ 𝖿іgһ𝗍シ

Eddie snorted quietly and looked over at Steve who seemed embarrassed. "Wow, THE perfect Steve Harrington got in a fight? May I ask Whom felt the wrath of over-bearing King Steve?" Eddie said in a cocky tone, his famous smirk plastered on his face as his chin rested on his hand.

Steve rolled his eyes. "Jason." he said with a bored tone. He looked over at Eddie and quickly added "And I'm not this King people say I am."

Eddie's sly grin faded a bit as his eyes zoned out a bit, suprised that Steve and Jason got in a fight. He quickly snapped back to reality and his face returned to his smug look. He dramatically gasped as he questioned Steve once more. "Oh my Stars, the Famous King Steve and his Infamous Jester Jason got in a fight? Whatever for? Did he try to overthrow the throne?"

Steve looked away from Eddie, and stared down at his desk, clenching slightly clenching his fist. "He kept calling me.. A fag. I ignored him, but he wouldn't leave me alone. He started pushing me around and one thing led to another and... I punched him in the face." Steve said this with a tone that Eddie couldn't quite decider. It was sad, yet... Prideful? Eddie was about to speak when Steve spoke up, "And I'd do it again." Steve looked over at Eddie with a blank expression.

Eddie didn't know what to say to that, he would make a joke, but Steve seemed upset, and Eddie wasn't gonna be a Dick. Eddie stayed silent, looking at Steve, yet staring off into space. Steve, now realizing he made it awkward, tried to change the subject. He leaned over slightly and glanced at Eddie's paper.
"Watcha drawing?"

"My D&D character. I'm a Bard."

"What's the 'Bard' do?"

This made Eddie perk up. As he began heading off into this long speech explaining what a Bard is, his class level, his abilities, etc. Steve listened intently, with his head rested on his hand, looking at Eddie. Farther into the conversation, he found himself listening less and... looking more. He started to focus on Eddie's appearance. His deep brown eyes that shined like honey when the sun hit them just right. His goofy smile as he rambled on about his interests. His hair... The way it curled in all the right ways, the way it looked so soft. The way it looked Tangled, yet so put together. Steve admired the boy's beautiful features until he noticed that he had stopped talking.

"so what do you think?"

Steve came back to reality, now focused on Eddie's words more than his Devine features. "huh?" Steve mumbled out with a lost look on his face.

"What do you think? Do you wanna come to the next Hellfire club meeting? You can learn more about the game and maybe... Play?" Eddie said with a hopeful tone, and a certain sparkle in his eyes that made Steve admire him even more.

Steve let his brain process the question before replying with a slow, simple:

"Sure."

Eddies eyes lit up as he smiled his annoying, goofy grin. Steve looked at him for a few minutes, before a blush crept on his face, and he quickly looked away. Meer minutes later, the bell rang. Eddie opened his mouth to say his goodbyes, but Steve quickly grabbed his things and swiftly walked to the door, before stopping at it. He turned around, his mouth open, looking at Eddie, thinking of what to say. He felt his face getting warm as he spat out a simple "Bye!" and speed-walked down the hallway. Steve muttered and cursed himself for being so awkward, before walking out of the school, to his car. He opened the Driver's door and threw his bag to the passenger's side, and slid into the Drivers seat. He stared into nothingness, hands gripping the wheel slightly, as he lowered his forehead to the wheel with a long, drawn out sigh.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid..."

Steve muttered, cursing himself for being a dork. He didn't understand. He was usually so confident around everyone. Why was he getting anxiety NOW. And especially around Eddie Munson. The Freak of Hawkins. The guy who cared nothing about how other people saw him. Steve was lost in his thoughts, head on the steering wheel, when he heard a knock on the window. He looked over to see HIM standing next to his car. Steve rolled down his window and got a better look at Munson. The sun complimenting his honey eyes, his hands behind his back, as he rocked back and forth on his feet. Steve admired him for a minute before questioning him. "Do you.. need something?"

Eddie got that same grin on his face as he quickly replied. "No, buuutttt...." He said, dragging out the second word as he pulled something from behind his back. "YOU need something!" He said, completing the last words. Steve looked at what he had, and it was one of his Gel pens.

"You dropped this." Eddie said, as he reached in the car window, and grabbed Steve's hand. He faced his palm up and placed the Gel pen in his hand, holding it for a bit longer, before patting it and pulling away. Steve stared at his hand, unable to speak. Why was he getting so flustered over Eddie Munson? He's just some random freak. Eddie awkwardly looked around, and said one thing before walking off.

"See ya next club meeting, Pretty boy."

Steve couldn't comprehend what just happened. It then settled in what Eddie had called him.
Pretty boy...

Steve got all flustered, before thinking... Eddie Munson was... a GUY.

Was Jason right? Is Steve Harrington really...

A fag?