❥ 𝘵𝘸𝘰

┗━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━┛

*Cleo's POV*

Max finally noticed the boys looking over at her and asked me out into the hallway with her. Right as we close the door the boys start freaking out and screaming that we're gone, suprisingly everyone else was gone too. I don't even KNOW what happened to that sub.

Max finally spoke up, "Do they always act like such weirdos? I thought I could ask you since you're the one boy's sister."

"Pretty much, I can't say for sure though. Mike doesn't like me."

"Well he seems like a prick already, want to be friends?" Max asked me.

"Really-? I would think you'd want to be someone like Dustin's friend." I stuttered to her.

"Of course! You seem pretty nice, and you should be treated better than that." She began, A small blush creeped onto my face at her words.

----------------------୨୧----------------------

*timeskip*

I slam my locker and walk over to Max, we just had our last class and were planning on going to her house. Just as I get there I see Lucas and Dustin talking to Max in their Ghostbusters costumes.

"Hey Max," I quietly say and stand by her side. I hear Lucas and Dustin invite Max to go Trick-or-Treating with them.

"So if you'd like, we're meeting at..." Lucas starts talking when I notice Mike walking over. I get nervous and look down, only to hear Max say that she'd go with them.

"Can I go.?" I accidentally spit out, regretting my existence at that very moment. Max smiled at me, happy that I asked to go. She was, happy, to spend time with me.

Dustin smiled and was about to open his mouth when Mike was quick to say how I shouldn't go, and how I would embarrass him and his friends. Yeah they were losers, but to them I was an even bigger loser. It hurt hearing my own brother rant about me, to me, bringing back the horrible memories of my biological family. Tears built up in my eyes and I hid my head in shame of even thinking about going.

"Woah man, that's not cool. She hasn't done anything to you, she's your sister after all." Lucas stood up for me. Lucas and Dustin were always nice to me. I never really talked to will but I knew the whole situation with Eleven.

"No, It's alright. I'll buy myself candy and you guys can go out." I said trying to hide the fact I was crying, although it didn't really work. I turned to leave but Dustin and Max were trying to change my mind, Lucas was too busy scolding Mike.

"I- I uh, need to use the bathroom." I was only able to spit out a few words before sobbing the whole way to the girls bathroom. It hadn't helped that there were people left and right calling me a crybaby.