3 - Wangguk

Wangguk has been a part of your life ever since Hobin called him out. Despite the terrible things he'd done with Gyeoul on One Punch TV, you still started to develop feelings for him. When you witness how he treats his sister, his only family, it sparked a fire in you. You totally fell head over heels for his soft side that he shows for his sister. So in the rare times that you would see him due to connections through the Hobin Yu Company, you treasured those moments. Seeing him happy made you happy. It was like social mirroring. Similar to when someone else yawns and then you're compelled to do the same.

Unfortunately for you, you could sense the feeling that it was unrequited. Your feelings for Wangguk were not returned. There was no romantic tension between you too, it was most certainly platonic. You could only blame yourself for it anyways. After all, ever since you attempted getting close to him, you always cowered away. It ended at a standstill with you being just friends. It frustrated you. And you knew it was because of Rumi.

Rumi is a sweet, sweet girl, and you love her a lot, but you couldn't deny the resentment you felt towards her. You were also friends with Rumi and you knew about the time that he confessed to her. Obviously, you felt devastated but convinced yourself to be happy for her.

        Today, Wangguk asked to meet you at the park. You were confused because you thought he liked Rumi. Assuming it was a date, you dressed to the best of your ability. You couldn't help but feel guilty about it. But for now, you pushed the feeling away.

        "I'm going to meet Wangguk today...I'm super excited, I wouldn't believe Wangguk choosing me over Rumi! It's a bit strange if I'm being honest..." you thought to yourself.

        "Hey Wangguk! What are we doing today?" you asked as you approach Wangguk at the park bench.

        "I wanted to ask your advice, because I want a girl's perspective on this stuff."

        "Hm? And what is that?"

        "Im curious on how exactly I should approach Rumi ... I plan on asking her out soon and I thought no better than to ask you."

        Your delusion completely shattered. You stood shell-shocked.

        "How could I be this oblivious? Of course. He liked Rumi after all. There's no way I could possibly compare to the Rumi Yeo," you thought, biting your lip.

        "Hey, you okay?" Wangguk asked.

        "Huh? Oh, yeah. Yeah I'm fine haha," you respond with a smile, "Of course, I'll give you my advice as a friend to friend."

A day later . . .

You'd caught a tiny cold, little sniffles and a runny nose was already something to keep you bothered all day. Was it the heartbreak? Was it the flat out rejection? You would never know. Although you did know that you were craving some coffee to drink. So you got up out of bed and got dressed to grab a quick coffee.

You arrived at the coffee shop and as you entered, you saw Wangguk and Rumi Yeo together enjoying a coffee. It wasn't shocking since you already knew, but you still felt a pang of jealousy. You quickly turned away to avoid being seen and adjusted your hair to cover your face. Quickly ordering your coffee, you waited until it was done and started to walk off. But before that, you spared a brief glance at Wangguk. You saw him smile. And you smiled too. If Wangguk is happy, you're happy too.

- Sorry about this oneshot being super short, but I was stuck on Wangguk, it was difficult to come up with a narrative haha.