The crowd started to cheer up for her as her cold, relaxing voice gave them goosebumps. The man jokingly praised her by just raising down his hands causing the people to chuckled lightheartedly.

Oh there's something about that kiss, girl you did me in
You got me thinking..

Ariella fix her eyes to woman who's lovingly watching her.

I'm thingking.. The man and her duet with this part, the crowd become wild.

All of the things that I've been feelin'
Emm it's time you hear it..

On the other hand, the woman felt different hearing her for first the time to sing. She caressed her own arm as the girl's voice sent sensation to her system. 

In case you didnt know, baby I'm crazy 'bout you
And I would be lie and if I said that I could live this life without you..

Their eyes met as if they are the only one in the room, as if everything went slow down and seems like they're the only one who have the right to move.

Even though I don't tell you all the time
you had my heart a long long time ago..

Ariella felt lowkey emotional, her eyes glistened as the tears were stuck at the edge of her eyes.

In case you didn't know..

They sang in a high note.

You've got all of me.. the man tapped his feet in beat.

Oh and I belong to you.. the girl look straightly to woman, saying the things she don't want to say through the lyrics of the song.

Yeah you're my everything..

She bowed her head and smiled, a bitter-sweet feeling sprouted all over her.

The cheer of people went crazy as they finish the lyrics. She thanked everyone for appreciating her performance and the lead singer of a band.

"You didn't tell me you have a good voice," compliment the woman as soon as she reached their table.

"Our time back then was too short for you to witness me singing," she meaningfully uttered and took gulp of her wine, the woman went silent.

"I think I have to go back there in the cottage," the woman stood up and pick up her handbag. 

"We just arrived here--if you are thingking about what I've said, don't mind it. Nadulas lang ako," the girl preferring about bringing up their past.

"No-- it's not what you're thingking, I just feel like resting tonight," says the woman and didn't wait for her to talk, leaving her behind.

Ariella felt pity for herself as how some people around her can make her feel that she was not that important, that people can easily replace and take advantage of her. 

The woman strode faster when she sense the presence of a girl behind her. Ariella catch her wrist and abruptly made the woman to turn around.

"What's wrong with you?!" exclaimed the girl, flashing her rage.

"No what's wrong with you?" refuted the woman and harshly removed the girl's hand in her wrist.

"Are you that sensitive? I told you not to mind what I've said but you left there without even considering what would I feel," A single drop of tears betrayed her determination not to break down in front of her.

"Do you have to be always cruel to anyone you met and leave them forasmuch as you want?" She cried.

"Are you that cold heartless person or are you just doing this just to protect yourself?" she resented and scoff in frustration.

Irene turned her back and control her breathing as she also feel hurt seeing her in that state.

"Are you done?" ask the woman without looking at her, the girl swung her lips in disbelief of how careless she was to her.

"For pete's sake, say something!" exclaimed the girl and held the woman's elbow tightly. 

"Say what?" the older woman look in her eyes, the girl caught off guard, "that I should tell you I am happy to be with you here? That I wasn't glad you are the fiance of my son? And tell you that I was also hurt about what happened eight years ago so it will be fair for you?" the girl didn't know what to say and do when the woman said those things.

"What are you talking a- about?" Ariella pretend she don't have an idea what she was talking about as she was afraid it might cut the connection she have with the woman.

"You wanna talk about our past? Let's talk then." the woman pulled her hand as they walk through the seashore, somewhere that no one can hear them.

_____

To be continued...