fight for it - oneshot

Start from the beginning

"Sorry Maxy," you whispered before walking up to the stairs.

"Where're you going?" Steve asked, light panic being heard in his tone. You looked back at him slowly, pointing a finger over your shoulder to the door while taking in his state. Sitting on the edge of his seat and brows furrowed.

"Gonna get a drink."

He nodded, settling himself back down.

Your feet dragged into the kitchen. Grateful for the fact that Karen and Ted were out of the house. Taking a cup from the cupboard and filling it up with a tap. You then paused, feeling a sudden change in the atmosphere just as you were about to take a sip.

However, that worry disappeared as the front door opened. You looked over your shoulder to see Robin walk in a smile adorning her features. Instantly one grew on yours as well.

"You're back," you mumbled as she approached you. She nodded, grabbing your waist. You put yours on her shoulders, peering behind her. "Where's Nancy?" you questioned. Robin shrugged.

"Probably still in the car. I left her in the dust." You quirked a brow.

"And why's that?"

"Had to make sure you were okay." You bit your lip lightly, pulling her in closer and fully wrapping your arms around her shoulders. Resting your temple to hers while you embraced her.

"I'm okay, Birdy," you assured her. The hands on your waist tightened. Making you smile lightly, only for it to turn into a wince. You tried to pull away. "Robin, hey-"

"But it's such a shame Billy isn't okay, isn't it?" Her voice was different. It was deeper and seemed to carry an echo. The room grew dark as your eyes widened, struggling to get out of the hands. Their grip continued to tighten. Suddenly being pulled away you met the eyes that were oh so familiar. You choked on your words.

"B-Billy?"

Silence filled the basement as the group was tense. Dustin suddenly stood up.

"Alright, I'm gonna say what we're all thinking. This is taking her way too long to get a drink."

"Maybe she had to use the bathroom?" Lucas questioned. Dustin pointed to the corner of the room.

"There's a bathroom literally right there." Steve was next to stand.

"Yep I'm calling it," he said, taking off to the stairs. Max followed closely behind, the two boys behind her.

Steve placed a hand on the door frame, looking into the kitchen. You stood at the sink, the faucet still running. Max passed him, going to your side.

"Y/n-" she cut herself short. Taking in your frozen state and foggy gaze. Eyes red and rolled back. Her own widened as she went to shake your shoulder. "Y/n? Y/n!" her voice grew in volume as her shaking continued. The boys came to your side as you stayed in your place. Not budging an inch.

"Y/n, hey c'mon man. Snap out of it," Steve stated, snapping and waving his hand in front of your face.

"Aw, shit it's happening," Dustin exclaimed.

"Get the walkie, Dustin," Lucas commanded, going to shut off the water and splash some on your face in the process. Dustin bolted out of the room.

You shoved your way from his grip. Tripping on your feet in the process, falling to the ground. Heavy breaths left you as you scramble back while he slowly made his way towards you.

"Do you not miss me? You don't miss your own brother?" His face was casted in a shadow. His white shirt was bloody. A glimpse of light passed over his features. Making you catch a sight of it rolling down his mouth as well. You got to your feet, continuing to move while he approached.