.2

i quickly peddled my way across town to lucas' house, his driveway was empty so i assumed his parents were gone.
i dropped my bike on the side of the driveway before knocking on the front door to his house, being greeted with lucas and dustin.
-"you didn't have to knock, byers!" he chuckled, letting me in.
-"where is everyone?" i asked him after taking a few steps into his living room, referring to his family.
-"erica's staying the night at tinas, my parents are working all night so it's just supposed to be us 4." he explained as we walked into the living room.
i noticed mike was not there, it was 6:48, i was a little early.
-"we're going to order pizza once mike gets here." dustin mentioned, sitting on the couch next to me.
-"which hopefully will be soon." lucas sighed in doubt.
he promised to be here, it's the first time all of us hung out together since i moved away. mike never came to visit, it was just max, lucas and dustin that flew to lenora to see us on new years. mike was "busy" but i just assumed he didn't want to talk to me. he never does anymore, i don't know what i did to make him feel like he cant talk to me anymore. i made him a painting this spring because he was supposed to visit, but he canceled last minute. it really upset me, more than it upset el. el is pleased by everything mike does. mike never called either, i was always the one to call first. the last time i tried calling him was on march 22nd, on my birthday. he didn't answer. i called twice, no response. that's when i stopped calling for good. not even a letter was sent to me, he never sent one. they were all for el. i remember every time the mail came in, i would eagerly check for a letter from him. each and every one of them said "dear el." so after many break downs i eventually gave up. i wish i could just go back in time and make our friendship the same again, we were so close at one point. thats until el came back. i love el, but sometimes i wish she never came back. i hate how perfect she is at everything she does, she has the perfect hair, the perfect eyes, the perfect smile, shes literally so beautiful. no wonder mike shows so much interest in her.
who wouldn't?

{MIKES POV}

i rode my bike through the grass as a short cut to the football field, hoping to make this quick since it was already 6:45. i stopped my bike next to the fence and saw el standing with max behind the bleachers by theirselves. once they saw me, max smiled brightly at el before skipping away to leave us alone.
-"hey!" she smiled at me, jogging up to me to give me a kiss.
-"hey. what did you really want me to come by for?" i ask after pulling away from her lips, her arms still over my shoulders.
-"ive just missed you, school just started a week ago and we never really got to hang out." she trailed off, gazing at my lips before pulling me in again to kiss me.
i was very taken back by the kiss, it's been over a year. the last time we kissed it didn't exactly go well..
it was in her bedroom, after she lost her powers. she told me she overheard me saying i loved her, which i wish she never heard. i care for her a lot, but i was just saying that because i was overwhelmed by her hurting herself by overusing her powers.
and she tells me it all the time, and i can tell it bothers her when i hesitate to say it back out loud. i hoped she wouldn't say it again by how many times i've hinted it.
after standing there for what seemed like hours to me, i kept on kissing her but wanted to stop but i could tell she didn't. i didn't want to stop if she didnt, she could get upset. it was nice to kiss her though, i care for her a lot. she's my girlfriend, and i want her to be happy. i checked my watch from behind her back, it was 7:12.
-"shit! lucas is going to kill me!" i pulled away, starting to jog away from her.
she didn't say anything when i left, and i didn't look back either.
i knew they were going to be pissed. it takes 5 minutes to bike to his house from the school, so id be there by 7:20. wills probably going to be the most angry, we haven't spoke or hung out in a while outside of this entire week in school. i know he wants to hang out with me, i do too. i just lost track of time.
i peddled as fast as i could before i reached his driveway, practically throwing my bike onto the sidewalk and running up to the door and letting myself in without a knock.
i saw dustin and will wrestling in the living room while lucas was on the phone with someone, dustin and will weren't paying attention to me but lucas saw me walking in, and he was not happy.
dustin picked up will and carried him upside down over his shoulders, making will giggle and yell. dustin looked up and saw me, almost dropping will making him scream again.
-"mike? finally!" dustin scoffed.
-"mike??" will called, trying to see me from behind dustin.
dustin threw will into the couch, making me accidentally let out a giggle from the noise he made when he landed.
-"what the hell took you so long?" will asked, standing up quickly.
-"sorry, my sister was bothering me." i lied, hoping he couldn't read through me.
they both nodded before lucas hung up the phone and ran towards us.
-"took you long enough! we ordered pizza without you since you were almost half an hour late. anyway, it should be here soon." he scowled, plopping down onto the couch.

_

will and i sat down on the floor next to each other since dustin and lucas stole the sofa, we all ate pizza and drank soda and messed around while watching ET.
dustin kept on kicking wills head with his feet, really irritating him.
-"could you stop?!" will hissed, rolling his eyes.
-"shh!" dustin flipped his finger up over his mouth before continuing to kick his head.
will groaned, laying his back onto the floor to avoid dustin, i almost didn't realize how long i had been glaring at him until dustin started kicking my head as well, just to annoy me.
i rolled my eyes also laying my back onto the floor and next to will. i almost didn't realize how close we were laying to each other until dustin purposely dropped a handful of popcorn over us.
-"what the hell, dustin!" will yelled.
-"stop it, dude!" i shook my head, rolling my eyes.
will picked up a piece from his chest, looking over next to me and shoving it in my mouth, making me giggle a bit.
i took a piece off of me and fed him it too, making him quietly laugh before scooting a bit closer and continuing to watch the movie.
i felt my heart absolutely racing when he scooted closer to me, like it was about to explode. i get this feeling every time i'm around him, it's so nerve racking. i used to get this feeling around el a few years ago, i hate feeling it with will. the feeling makes my face red and hot and i feel a nervousness and fluttering in my stomach. i hated feeling that with him, i hated will for making me feel like that. i'm supposed to feel that way with a girl, specifically el. that's normal. i thought that if i kept my distance all year that the feeling would go away.. nope. i know it's probably just puberty or something. i don't feel anything for him, it's just that feeling when we make physical contact, which is almost every time we see each other, or making eye contact.. or talking one on one to each other.
the feeling was wrong and i knew it was wrong, and i could speak to it about anyone. they'd accuse me of being gay.. which i'm not. not at all, 100%. that's just gross, will is my friend.
we're just friends.
i could never like a boy.