I widen my eyes realizing that I wasn't the only one who noticed and I snap my fingers drawing attention to myself. I then speak up.

"Yes, there were times when she would disappear for long minutes! She would come back scared and confused. She wasn't very focused during the last few cheerleading rehearsals either." I say.

Robin then turns to me, immediately speaking up.

"Serial killers stalk their prey before they strike right ? So maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman...

- Vecna. Correct Dustin.

- I don't know about you guys but if I saw some freaky wizard monster, I would mention it to someone." Suggests Steve.

I frown at Steve finding him completely irrational. I then speak up.

"Would you believe someone if they told you they saw a creature? I ask.

- Well yes, because I have seen one before. Steve replies.

- But apart from that! What if you've never seen one before and it's still a fairy tale? I say.

- More like monster tales." Dustin points out.

Nancy, Robin and Max look at us desperately before the redhead starts talking.

"But maybe they did. I saw Chrissy leaving Ms. Kelley's office. If you saw a monster, you... you wouldn't go to the police, they'd never believe you. But you might go to your...

- Your shrink." Finishes Robin.

We understand then that it was necessary to go to Mrs. Kelley and to ask her information on what Chrissy had told to him. But that could not work.

"But there's attorney-client privilege... She can't tell you what Chrissy told her." I said.

Max shrugs as he stands up before speaking up.

"We can always try."

We then all stand up moving towards the car. I see Nancy walking away to her car.

"Whoa, Nance. Nance! Nance, where you going?" Steve asks.

He always called her by that little nickname. He still has a crush on her, it's obvious. The brunette turns to us.

"Oh, there's just something I wanna check on first. She says.

- Something you wanna share with us ?" Dustin asks.

Nancy tells us that she doesn't want to waste our time. Steve then asks her if she has lost her mind going alone with Vecna on the run telling her it's too dangerous, as if Nancy isn't old enough to take care of her.

"You need... You need someone to..." Steve stutters.

There is a silence before he turns to Robin throwing his car keys at her, my friend barely catches them.

"Here, I'll stick with Nance. Take the car, check out the shrink." Steve orders.

Robin then tells him that he wouldn't like her driving his car, Steve asks why.

"I don't have a liscense.

- Why you don't have a liscense ? Asks Steve.

- I'm poor." Robin replies.

Steve turns to me, and speaks up.

"So you drive.

- I don't have a driver's license either. I say.

- But you drive a motorcycle and your father's car.

- Yes, in a parking lot!" I say.

Steve sighs. I immediately hear Maxine speak up.

"I can drive. She says.

- No, never again please! Anybody but you. No." Steve replies.

Dustin then grimaces, making it clear that it wouldn't be a very bad idea. Steve tells him that there is no chance of Max driving.

"Alright, okay. This is stupid. Us ladies, we'll stick together." She says.

She gives the keys back to Steve before joining Nancy.

"Unless you think we need you to protect us?" She asks.

Robin stifles a laugh. I then look at the two girls before thinking that I should stop by my house. I have a couple of things to do before I go on this monster hunt.

"I'll leave with the girls. Nancy can you drop me off at my house? I have a couple of things to do.

- Yeah, sure." She said with a smile.

I smile at Steve, Max and Dustin. We leave then, I get into Nancy's car, she starts up.

author's note
hiiiii🫶🏻

why do you think cassie is going to her house ? any theory or idea ?

btw i wanted to thank all of you guys for the support! this story is growing so much im so thankful <3

reading all of ur comments makes me feel so happy, thank you for everything <3

i dont remember if i already told you guys but im currently writing an anakin skywalker fanfiction that is available on my profile since a few weeks, so if youre interested please check it out<3

byeee xoxo