Fake fiance.

I ran a hand through my hair and fought the urge to let my hand go lower so I turned the cold water on. I need to get rid of her image inside my head.

I need to-

No I-

I need to see her again. I need to feel her again. To feel her even from miles away. I just need to see her one more time.

~

"The view is amazing! I can literally see the Eiffel Tower from here

"The view is amazing! I can literally see the Eiffel Tower from here." I said all excited while showing Sam the view from mine and Imani's balcony.

Call me spoiled but I definitely begged my father to reserve us the best room in our hotel. And he did exactly that. The big suite with two bedrooms and a living room is a dream.

"I'm so jealous of you two right now." Sam said making me miss his presence even more.

"We'll go together again next summer, okay?"

"Sure." He shrugged.

I could sense that he was in a bad mood right now. And no, it's not because he's jealous, it's because his father has been putting a lot of pressure on him again. Sam started working at one of their companies, his first day went awful as he said. Firstly, he couldn't find his office, then the elevator broke down leading him being late. Then he had a fight with his father and now I was trying to cheer him up and make his mind get away from those thoughts.

"Don't sweat it, okay? Don't be afraid to ask for help from the other colleagues, I'm sure they'll help you if you need. And don't neglect school, okay? Please."

"I won't Ada, I won't. I'm really trying my best." He sighed and laid down on his bed.

"I know, and I know that everything will turn out great soon." I smiled at him. He did the same but with less enthusiasm and energy.

"Oh-" his face suddenly changed to a more panicked one.

"What?" I asked.

"My uncle is calling me." He scratched his neck, all nervous.

Dion...he was calling him.

Stop it, Adeline! It's so embarrassing that you get all excited about him.

"Oh, pick up then." I murmured, trying to sound as normal as I can.

"Alright then, I'll call you-"

I didn't let Sam finish his sentence when an amazing idea popped up in my head. "Wait! Sam! Can you connect your uncle to our call? I mean, it would be great if we pull off some good acting in front of him."

Sam immediately stopped his actions and stood there frozen for a few seconds, debating if that's a good idea.

"You sure?"

"I mean, If you want to." I shrugged.

"Yeah, I think it'll be good for our fake relationship. Wait a second then, I'll call you." He said and I agreed.

Gosh, what has gotten into me? Where is this sudden need to see him coming from?

I totally made a mistake...a big mistake.

But it was too late when Sam's name popped up on my phone again.

Here goes nothing.

I picked up with the fakest smile on my face. After a second, Sam's face came into view again but Dion's was nowhere to be found. A black screen with just his name signaled that he's here.

"Hey, I'm happy that you called. We were just talking with Adeline about- about work and I thought that it was a good idea for you to join us."

Silence enveloped the call for a few seconds till Dion decided to say a simple "It's fine."

I leaned my head on my closed window and looked straight into the camera.

I know his weakness...it's my eyes.

I mean, my seductive gaze is every men's weakness. I'm used to it.

"So how have you been, uncle Dion?"

Ew that sounds disgusting.

"Good, just busy with work." Was his simple reply.

"Same, dad made me work in the company, you know?" Sam said and chuckled mockingly.

"What?" Dion asked, all surprised. "Really? That's so- unnecessary."

Sam sighed and looked down. "Whatever, you know how he is."

"I know but-" Dion protested.

"Let's- let's just leave this topic for some other time." Sam said, obviously not happy about their talking subject.

Clearly, Dion didn't want to push it and make his nephew even more sad so he changed the subject to school. They exchanged a few sentences till Sam included me in the conversation too.

"Adeline helps me a lot with chemistry, she is so good." He praised me as I smirked.

I loved the irony of the situation. The fact that Dion is pretending that he doesn't know that our relationship is fake, and me and Sam are acting like a lovely couple.

"Yes, I'm good at a lot of things actually. I'm great at French." I said, trying not to sound weird even if I loved a little bit of teasing.

"That's good." Dion mumbled.

"I know, right? That's why we are staying in Paris for a few days actually. It's a school trip." I sneakily found a way to explain the reason why I'm here.

"Mhm, and I'm not there! It's exhausting here." Sam rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Babe, we had a deal, remember? We will visit Paris next summer together." I tried to sound as clingy as I could. Sam gave me a small smile as the situation got a little awkward with our cringe acting.

"You can do that for your honeymoon." Dion said, kinda surprising me. Sarcasm and dryness dripped down his tone. He knew what he was doing, he was clearly trying to get on my nerves.

Poor Sam got a little embarrassed from his uncle's words. He can only dream that we would get as far as honeymoon.

I fake coughed, trying to break the awkward tension. "However, I need to get ready. Me and a few friends will go in this club near our hotel. I think it was called- umm- Lust- yeah it was something that ends or starts with the word Lust."

"Wanderlust." Dion replied.

I tried to hide my smirk. "Yeah, exactly."

"Oh alright then, babe. Have a fun night." Sam said, looking relieved that this call is ending.

"Thank you, babe. I'll call you tomorrow, bye." I waved at the camera while Sam did the same. Dion was silent when I hung up the call.

Evidently, I purposely told him the details of my night out.

Let's see if he is so eager to see me...or is it just me.