三。𝙸𝙸

Depuis le début

"Business card? What's that?"

I guess keeping the information about it's use from this kid could help smooth things later.

"Well, it looks like a small silver rectangular pla-."

Before I could finish my sentence, an angry booming voice called for the child.

"ERIIISSSSSSS!!"

"Yes da, coming!!-"

She called back quickly before turning back to

me.

" I've never seen that around."

I could tell the child is frightened as she clutched her trembling arm.

"I see... Well, see you tomorrow friend."

Before I could leave though, the father appeared himself. Infuriated, the drunken bastard grabbed the child's collar, basically choking the girl on her own dress as he attempted to walk away.

I don't have other choice do I?

"Excuse me sir. I was about to purchase a jar of liquor."

Given the fact that these taste bad, it's the only thing I could think of to let the girl breath.

He slowly turned at me, dropping the child on the ground, and sold me the jar and closed the stall right in front of my face. It happened fast and I was in a daze from the horrible smell he emits. I guess this could just serve as fuel for fire or something.

Although, I guess that calmed him down. There's no scream or choking either. I'm just gonna play it safe now that I've found the weak point.

First move can be done during my next meeting with the guild. As much as I despise that old man, taking advantage of what I have is my best  and only shot.

===

"Before we conclude things today. A word about a child selling liquor is making other sellers tremble. Is that right? HAHA"

I hope I could get out of this meeting right now to avoid this loud booming voice of him.

But now's the time.

"Hm. Seems like we've heard the same thing. Although, I don't think you should see it as a laughing matter."

"Oh?"

He chuckled.

"I've witnessed it personally and seems like she got the main point of business. "Deception is the key" Although it's a pretty clear one, you can see for yourself."

With that he turned silent.

"I assume you know more?"

"Of course I do. I'd say I'm well acquainted to the person myself."

Seems like he already cought the bait. From here, any routes lead to victory.

"They don't have a business card do they?"

Hm let's see...

"I know the answer to that. Although I wouldn't tell you without any return"

===

"I'll be going now."

Mr. Benno said as he left for the trial for this child's father inside the Guild. Due to varying circumstances, we both aren't allowed inside.

Here we are, sitting in a bench. Now that I can take a close look at the trembling child, she does resemble 'her' quite a bit.

It's more likely the eyes. They have the same wide blue eyes. Although right now it's like an empty void, considering what's happening right now.

I'm sure Benno can see it too. It's been a few years, but the memory of her and the child inside her still remains.

I wonder if that's the reason why he's desperate on making this plan work. Or it could be his inner consciousness. As the leherl of this growing company, I can't see the importance of finding a way to get this child fatherless.

If he does end up taking custody, a problematic child like this would be hard to raise.

"What do you think's gonna happen next, Sir?"

Her voice sounded coarse, tone as dry as sand.

"Your father's going to jail."

It's better to tell her the truth than cause any future misunderstandings.

"Deserve . What about me?"

Should I?

"You become an orphan at the church."

With that, she started bawling her eyes out.

Looks like I did something bad. Kids truly are sensitive— I should've considered that fact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can  finally yeet out of the hospital tomorrow so here's an update 🥳

ー冥。