Misconception

In the near future, in a galaxy not so distant to settle, a suitable planet was searched for. First, telescopic observations were carried out, studies that interested them were carried out on the composition of the atmosphere at a distance. Only at the end was an expedition sent to learn a little about the observed worlds. This turn of events was caused by the destruction of the New Earth during the Sixth World War, when both sides of the conflict dropped countless atomic bombs. Additionally, the climate has warmed up. Even both poles have melted.

So a spaceship with a very fitting name "Nuntius" set off to conquer new worlds lurking somewhere in the universe, in the darkness. Eventually they managed to find a few. The ship had an appearance similar to an airplane crossed with a rocket. Large, even huge, gray with orange and blue stripes on the hull. The crew of the ship that embarked on the expedition consisted of five people: Will Control - the captain and pilot of the ship, Mary Holmes - geologist, Jane Good - biologist, John Johnson - meteorologist with the qualifications of a psychologist and Montgomery "Mont" Fus - technical specialist in spacecraft (its drive and faults) and a zealous computer scientist.

They went on board. Each of them had their own, unbelievably comfortable armchair on the bridge. Cabins had been built for them, yes, but at the moment they were of no use. Nobody wanted to sit alone yet. Everyone preferred to collapse in the soft furniture on the priestly bridge. Even the leader of this journey himself. In front of the pilot's seat, there was a huge control board with many buttons and a steering wheel.

After taking off from New Earth, they bypassed all celestial bodies in their path and immediately ended up at superlumination speed. The action Will was to press a button. Through the little windows of the ship, you can only see the darkness of the space around. And what they had left behind quickly disappeared from the horizon. Just like in a coffin, vague. It was possible to go mad from the lack of light. The destination was billions of light years away, which is why a superluminal jump was made to save time. Especially since the results of the mission were needed now, immediately, preferably today, possibly tomorrow.

They slackened their pace at their destination. So the pilot pressed the aforementioned button once more. Nuntius was losing speed. He was braking. Planets and stars have appeared in the sight of the average observer of some sort you put on a ship. They emerged as if out of a void. At first, they weren't there, and then they were there as if whisked by a magic wand. They showed up magically.

Suddenly, without any notice, Will saw the nebulae on their way to the planet they intended, New Earth-RF2. Nobody warned him, but he'd have to fly over. At that moment, he realized why they were so anxious that he would steer the ship by the best pilot on the New Earth. An unforeseen obstacle and one that hardly anyone can handle.

He flew out carefully, but at full speed, only braking a little, into the nebulae. Although, he couldn't see very well and managed to avoid the larger lumps of dust and stones. He led out unscathed, with no damage to the rocket ship. He led Nuntius towards an unknown globe.

As he proceeded to land, the rest of the crew enlivened. But they only managed to get an excited look as the seat belts automatically wrapped around them when the appropriate button on the control panel was pressed. Because you need to know that the vehicle had a system of artificial gravity generation, so no one flew through metal-synthetic with plastic and plastic as the main rooms. While entering the atmosphere of New Earth-RF2 shook the ship very strongly. Mont wanted to get up from his chair, freeing himself from his seat belts and check if anything happened to Nuntius. God forbid. But he failed in this play.

They landed. The belts unfastened by themselves and the whole team got up and left the room. Everyone was going in one direction, the room in which the protective suits had been placed before their departure. They wore a white jumpsuit with long sleeves and trousers with elastic at the ends. Thanks to this, it fit to their bodies. Each of them put on gloves, and on their feet specially designed for this mission shoes. They put on oxygen masks and slung an oxygen cylinder over their backs. It was just in case of incompatibility. After all, these areas are unknown to them and they did not know if they would be able to breathe. But it will turn out later. Mary took some other soil measuring equipment, John took the atmospheric air, Will took binoculars, and Jane and Mont nothing.