Chapter 5 - Arcade/Half the Festival

Start from the beginning

After a while, Raiha had to use the restroom. Fuutarou accompanied her, leaving the rest of us together. 

"Hey, lets keep playing while we wait for them," I suggested.

"Fuutarou has the money, so we cant play any games," Miku said.

"I'll feel bad if I waste all of his money, so I'll use my own. He needs to save as much money as he can anyways."

"Arent you in a similar financial situation as him?"  

"If I end up homeless, I'll just live with him. Dont tell him though," I grinned. I wont really, I was exaggerating.

"Very admirable. Then lets try that one." Miku pointed to a basketball arcade game.

"You of all people wanting to play a sport game? No way you'll win."

"You're one to talk. We're just going to be standing, I wont have to break your ankles badly."

"Dont complain later."

"Dont forget about me, I can still beat you guys," Itsuki said.

We stared at her for a moment, laughing a little.

"Whats so funny?"

"Nothing~ Anyways, wish you two the best of luck."

"Dont change the subject, you guys think I cant win! I'll show you two not to underestimate me."

And so we played a game of basketball, 1v1v1. 

"They dont call me the King of the Court for no reason." 

I shot and missed, the ball somehow ending up in another area in the arcade.

"Who lied to you?" Miku shot and missed, the ball disappearing to who knows where.

"Nobody, it was one mistake.It happens to even the best basketball players."

"How did you guys miss the hoop by so much?!"

We lost, Itsuki ending up winning with the most points. I scored a few points, Miku scoring a few more points than me. 

"Hilarious, right guys?" Itsuki smiled.

"Very. How did you even score so many points?"

"Im just that good."

"No way thats true, must have been rigged."

"Agreed, the rim must have some secret netting we cant see."

"You guys just have terrible skill! I won even without my glasses on."

"Lets play a fair game this time, how about that one?"  

I pointed at a punching machine. 

"Do I have to beat you guys at this to make you believe my expertise?"

"Yes, but even Raiha has a higher chance of winning this than you and Miku."

"Hold my tickets," Miku ordered, punching the machine and getting an underwhelming score. 

I laughed of course, before getting a score just as bad. Itsuki was next to laugh, and ended up winning.

"We were close to winning, dont lie."

"I was sweating profusely," Itsuki joked.

After playing other games, Itsuki excused herself to figure out whats taking Fuutarou and Raiha so long.

"There's a crane game nearby, I'll win you a prize," Miku said. As we got closer to the claw machine, we saw a basketball. Wonder why thats here.

"After your demonstration of skill, you have a pretty good chance of breaking the claw."